Re: Rebuilding Histograms - Single columns vs. all columns

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:45:51 -0500

Brian,

What do you mean in the statement below? Does the 'for table' clause produce histograms
at the table level? If yes, why would you want to do that? If no, what is the difference between
using the 'for table' clause and just analyzing the table with a regular analyze command and
not creating histograms?

'the 'for table' clause just analyzes the table, not the associated indexes, the 'for [all] column[s]' clause will also do histograms for every column or for the columns you specify. '

Thanks for taking time to reply. I'm having difficulty getting all my questions answered by reading the various documentation I have. Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 13:45:51 CDT