Re: Trcroute / Oracle Names

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:03:19 -0400

Now that the LDAP-based Oracle Internet Directory (OID) can be used as a name resolution mechanism, I have to believe that the days of Oracle Names are limited. Why would anyone choose to use a propriatery tool like Names when you they could go with a standards-based solution such as OID? Also, I don't think Oracle wants to support both, so I think the handwriting is on the wall, and that Names will eventually be desupported.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com =20
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are