Re: FW: RDB to ORACLE 8i Migration

From: <MVallath_at_cs.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:48:04 EDT

Hi Rajesh

NOPE Nothing we know off. We are one of the largest Oracle Rdb shops in the country with a Petabyte sized OLTP database. Also due to the large size we have a very close tie with Rdb Engineering. In our current new technology development we will in the next 5-6 years migrate (well, plan to) data from Rdb to Oracle 8i. The designs for the first component hitting production early next year is to do database views for the new format, load into a new structure required for the new Oracle databases and unload this into flat files. Now this will be loaded into Oracle database using SQL Loader.

We are also investigating the option of using the New LOGMINER feature in Rdb to get real time feeds after the initial one time load using SQL LOADER.

One way to get any request from the Rdb team is to represent yourself in the Rdb Advisory council. If you plan on visiting the OPEN world then the forum meets before the Open world.

We get most of the features (like the Log miner) through this council. We are hoping someday they will have or support a TWO PHASE COMMIT between Oracle RDBMS and Oracle Rdb.

Sorry I only connect to read my mail after work. So my responses may be late.

Regards, Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 20:48:04 CDT