RE: Need help with tkprof output from long-running query

From: Jain, Akshay <Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:13:35 -0400

The first place is the full table scans:

  31949           TABLE ACCESS   GOAL: ANALYZED (FULL) OF
                      'TIPS_SECURITY_LOOKUP_REP'
   4976          TABLE ACCESS   GOAL: ANALYZED (FULL) OF
                     'TIPS_REP_DIM'

Actually, it looks like your query is accessing views, but you have not supplied here the view definitions nor the physical indexes of the underlying tables. I hope my interpretation is correct here, it seems that "TIPS_SECURITY_LOOKUP" etc. are the underlying tables.

Can you pursue this, or is it a bad path to go for?

Akshay Jain

Newcourt-CIT
Tel. (416) 507-5385
mailto:Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com