Re: excel to oracle

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:29:53 -0700

Industrial strength solutions:

Oracle specific:

   http://www.oraxcel.com

Generic:

   http://www.datajunction.com
 -
   http://www.datajunction.com/products/cambio_technical.html

(Another approach is to define an ODBC interface yourself.)

Manual text file SQL*Loader solution:

If you are producing text output from Excel, set up your cell formatting commands so that it produces fixed column position output. Fixed column is sort of Oracle's default, and as long as your cell/column definitions are relatively static, you should be able to easily use standard ".ctl" file syntax.

It might be nice to try to get the Excel output into fixed column positions whose size/format is as close to the Oracle column sizes/formats as possible.

regards,
ep

On 9 Aug 2000, at 3:14, Rajanish Joshi (Rajanish Joshi wrote:

Date sent:      	Wed, 09 Aug 2000 03:14:14 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
From:           	Rajanish Joshi <dbaoracle2000_at_yahoo.com>
Subject:        	excel to oracle