RE: locking issues

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <rajendra.jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:20:40 -0400

Isn't it true that Bitmap indexes lock more than necessary rows ? I mean if you are updating only one row, when bitmap index gets updated, it locks all the rows that are in the same (index) data block. Could this be one of the problem?

I may be wrong, but I know someone will correct me on this ...

Cheers
Raj

Rajendra Jamadagni MIS, ESPN Inc.
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
QOTD: Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art ! Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc. Received on Tue Aug 08 2000 - 10:20:40 CDT