RE: control file parallel write

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 19:28:53 +1000

Hi Rahul,

'control file parallel write' waits are routine waits, not idle waits. Idle waits can be ignored entirely, but with routine waits you still need to be concerned about the average time for each wait, and whether you might perhaps be waiting too often. For example, if a database had too many control files the long average wait time for this event could alert you to that fact. Similarly, if an instance is performing too many checkpoints or log switches the number of waits for this event by processes other than CKPT would reflect that (although of course such problems would be obvious for a lot of other reasons as well).

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/