RE: Why does a simple delete takes 12 hours and longer ?

From: Patrick Mullen <Patrick.Mullen_at_wfp.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 16:02:56 +0200

I wouldn't take this a gospel so shoot me down in flames for getting it all wrong but...

         ...if I'm not mistaken from experience I remember a delete on a table with 2 million taking for ever. The main reason for this it seems was that table had 1000s of segments which were probably non-contiguous ( but i dont' know wether that matters). Re-creating the table with a much more realsitic storage definition solved our problem. Oh yes and I just remembered it also had several indexes also with 1000s of non-contiguous segments.

Patrick Mullen Received on Tue Aug 01 2000 - 09:02:56 CDT