Re: Kernel requirement

From: Bharat Bhushan Tripathi <bbt_at_TULNEPZ.UNISYS.COM>
Date: Thu Feb 22 02:19:14 1996

At 03:58 PM 2/21/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Has anyone have Oracle and Ingres running on the same UNIX workstation?
>We have users who wants to run both databases under the same roof.
>Since both databases demands fair a bit of system resources, I wonder
>if anyone has any ideas what the minimum kernel size and semaphores are
>needed to make this happen. This is running on the Sun platforms,
>ie. Sun Sparc 2 and/or Sun Sparc 20.

Yes we have both Oracle and Ingres running on the same UNIX workstation. Initially, only Ingres was installed and later on we installed Oracle also. Both of the databases can be accessed simultaneously. I am not sure about the minimum kernel size and semaphores but if you need the setup on our machine, then I can ask my system adminstrator and send it to you. It is a Unisys U6000 machine with 128MB RAM and UNIX SVR 4.2.

HTH, BBT

Bharat Bhushan Tripathi
Senior Software Engineer        Ph. (011-8)-562585, 562588-92
Tata Unisys Limited,            Fax. (011-8)-56584
Computer Consultancy Division, Tlx. 08905-211 TULN IN SDF#A/5-A/6,
Noida Export Processing Zone, Noida - 201 305 INDIA E-Mail. bbt_at_tulnepz.unisys.com