Re: ORACLE AND DB2

From: Neale, Andrew <ANeale_at_VITGSSW.TELECOM.COM.AU>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 01:34:27 -0500

RE
> I have an Oracle Database (7.1.4) running on a HP Unix box. I need
> to access a DB2 table on a IBM mainframe. I know there are
off-the-shelf
> packages to accomplish this, but does anyone know if it can be done via
> an oracle dblink and/or snapshot. Any information would be gratefully
> received.
> TIA
> Ian Skepper
> Legal & General
> gblegl7j_at_ibmmail.com

We use the Oracle Transparent Gateway for DB2. I don't know of any other way to achieve it, certainly not directly through dblinks or snapshots, given the differences between Oracle and DB2 dialects of SQL.

It works ok for us, has a few warts, but our clients are happy with it.

Andrew Neale

Telstra Corporation
Melbourne, Australia

ANeale_at_vitgssw.telecom.com.au Received on Thu Feb 22 1996 - 01:54:47 CST