Cost optimizer on NT

From: Tribble Dave <DLT3716_at_KCPL.COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 09:47:00 PST

I'm running Oracle V7.2.2.4 on an NT platform and I find the cost optimizer is making a bad decisions (such as told me to take Pittsburgh straight up,  not to mention bad query resolution paths). OPTIMIZER_MODE is set to CHOOSE. This is the right setting for COST based isn't it? I thought the idea was for the optimizer to get SMARTER with each release. ? Anyone no of reported bugs on this?

Input appreciated
dlt3716_at_kcpl.com Received on Thu Feb 01 1996 - 11:08:15 CST