Integrity Constraints

From: Nirmalya Das <das_at_CIP.LDI.UPENN.EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 11:44:53 -0500

Hi Oracle netter:

I have a question about something I read about integrity constraints in the  Oracle7 Server Concepts book.
On page 7-6 it is written about Immediate User Feedback "Because specific  information about each integrity
constraint is stored in the data dictionary, database applications can be  designed to use the this information
to provide immediate user feedback about integrity constraint violations, even  before the SQL statement is
executed and checked by ORACLE".

Has anyone out there successfully implemented this, and if so how? I am  developing an application using
ORACLE/Visual Basic. ALso, is there anyone developing applications using  ORACLE/Visual Basic? I would
like to get in touch with them for technical discussions.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Thanks.

Nirmalya Das
 email: das_at_cip.ldi.upenn.edu

Director, Technical Services                                           voice:
 (215)573-3570
NJ Comprehensive Immunization Program                       fax  : (215)573-3043
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine 3601 Locust Walk, Rm 34
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6224