Home » Other » Client Tools » APEX - can't insert/update in an specific schema (APEX 3.0 on Oracle 10.2 on an Unix os)
APEX - can't insert/update in an specific schema [message #297547] Fri, 01 February 2008 05:33 Go to next message
AdeleSwart
Good day,

We are trying to insert/update data in a specific schema(lookup) in a workspace(MMS) without any luck. We get the following error:
---------
ORA-20001: Error in DML: p_rowid=1, p_alt_rowid=COMPANY_NO, p_rowid2=P, p_alt_rowid2=ADDRESS_TYPE_IND. ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
Error
Unable to process row of table COMPANY_ADDRESS.
OK
---------

We can insert/update in SQLDeveloper or SQL+ but not via APEX.

We've signed in as the developer on APEX and then checked on Oracle what username is used – APEX_PUBLIC_USER. Then I’ve given the apex_public_user permissions on Oracle to the following:

grant delete any table to apex_public_user;
grant insert any table to apex_public_user;
grant select any table to apex_public_user;
grant update any table to apex_public_user;
grant select any sequence to apex_public_user;
grant execute any procedure to apex_public_user;

I’ve also linked the MMS workspace to the lookup, mms and the util schemas. The developers can insert/update the tables in the mms and util schemas, but not the lookup schema. They say this happens on any page where they want to insert/update in the lookup schema.

Thank you
Re: APEX - can't insert/update in an specific schema [message #297688 is a reply to message #297547] Sat, 02 February 2008 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
Any error number lying between 20000 and 20999 is a user defined error. You'll need to look at the code that you are calling via APEX and check out the sub-program that raises that error.
Re: APEX - can't insert/update in an specific schema [message #297693 is a reply to message #297547] Sat, 02 February 2008 09:40 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
One more "when others" in a procedure, I bet.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Describe table
Next Topic: Oracle client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:29:28 CDT 2024