Home » Other » Training & Certification » OCP or OCA?
OCP or OCA? [message #278645] Mon, 05 November 2007 04:39 Go to next message
Daanish
Hello all

I've started a DBA course in Oracle, which was originally intended to get me an Oracle Certified Professional certificate (I'm sure there's a more succinct way of saying that but I can't figure it out, please advise if you know...esp for my resume!). I may have to leave early though, in which case I'm going to ask the institution if they could just give me an Oracle Certified Associate certificate instead. I wanted to ask if there's a big difference between the two? Naturally the OCP is more comprehensive and therefore better but I have time and money constraints and so want to know if at this point the more comprehensive certificate justifies the extra cost or not. So if anyone could advise it would be much appreciated.

Another alternative is that I self-study for the OCA (you can't for the OCP but for OCA you can). For the OCA the self-study CD is $650. Is the CD enough to teach you what you need to know for the exam? How does the OCA compare to the OCP? And how many hours of study does it entail?

I'd appreciate any input.

Peace,
Daanish
Re: OCP or OCA? [message #278676 is a reply to message #278645] Mon, 05 November 2007 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
varu123
Quote:

I've started a DBA course in Oracle

Didn't they tell you the difference?
Re: OCP or OCA? [message #278691 is a reply to message #278676] Mon, 05 November 2007 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daanish
If they had I wouldnt have asked.

Nope they didnt. I'm overseas at the moment, things aren't quite as professional here.
Re: OCP or OCA? [message #278751 is a reply to message #278645] Mon, 05 November 2007 09:39 Go to previous message
varu123
http://education.oracle.com
Previous Topic: Multiple basic questions from sunilcse1 (merged)
Next Topic: SQL Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:34:42 CDT 2024