Home » Other » Training & Certification » OCA is useless
OCA is useless [message #245451] Sun, 17 June 2007 07:51 Go to next message
DanAshcroft
I have read a few things about OCA the last 6 months.
That its useless for today's job market. That it doesn't test candidates enough. That to even hope for a Junior DBA position when you have OCA is a fantasy and you have to somehow get your foot in the door in another mode...

Well, I have just spent the last 5-6 months studying for OCA and passed it a week ago. The next day I threaded a few resumes out to firms (I have zero hours experience in db work). A week later I have had one interview and have another for tomorrow. The last interviewer, the director of his firm, told me this:

We invited you here today because we see you have OCA. We have over 30 employees working on Oracle and 1 out of those 30 has OCA. This is the reason we want to talk to you.

I don't want to count my chickens but it looks likely that I will start work very shortly. This is due to my OCA (good looks and charm also of course) and the fact that, as the same director told me, having OCA shows that you have staying power and the commitment to get something done.

So, to all those (not that they are reading this) who are disparaging of OCA, think again!

By the way, I haven't been working for these past 5 months. I am now in debt because of it. I used Couchman, Sybex, and Self-Test texts and CDs. The people who interview me are Oracle guys. They know the sacrifices we make to get the OCA. So don't try and save money or time with brain dumps or long lists of pot-luck questions. I don't know anything well yet, but I have a solid grasp of stuff and that shows in my attaining OCA.

Good luck to anyone doing the OCA course. Your efforts will be rewarded.

DA
Re: OCA is useless [message #245619 is a reply to message #245451] Mon, 18 June 2007 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ravi143
so what u say finally i.e OCA is useful or waste of time ? please tell me out... iam also writing OCA exam this month end
icon14.gif  Re: OCA is useless [message #245978 is a reply to message #245619] Tue, 19 June 2007 08:33 Go to previous message
harshad.gohil
It's not like that... it depneds on person to person rather I would say it depends on situation to situation.... It's always betther something than nothing!!!!!
Previous Topic: Which is best book for Oracle Financials 11i
Next Topic: pls send me frequently asked queries with examples
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:51:30 CDT 2024