Home » Other » Client Tools » SQLPLUS not accessible
icon8.gif  SQLPLUS not accessible [message #244662] Wed, 13 June 2007 12:30 Go to next message
yoonus.it@gmail.com
Hi Dears,

I have been working with Oracle in windows for a long time but in i dont have much idea. No i have installed oracle on Red Hat Linux ES 4. After installation i gave the option not to start oracle at boot up.

Now when i use sqlplus in terminal it says bad command.What i have to do to start oracle services if this is the problem..Can any one help me to start with my oracle journey in Linux..

Thankz inadvance..
unus
Re: SQLPLUS not accessible [message #244674 is a reply to message #244662] Wed, 13 June 2007 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
You have to log onto linux as the oracle user or a dba privileged account to startup the database. But that is not what your problem is. You have to set many environment variables to be able to start sqlplus, such as ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH, ORACLE_SID (not all required, but best to have all of them).

The linux installation guide will have all of that information.
Re: SQLPLUS not accessible [message #244675 is a reply to message #244662] Wed, 13 June 2007 13:38 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
before that su to user you made for running oracle then import ORACLE_SID like

export ORACLE_SID=mydb =====> if you working in bash

if you working in Korn shell then

$ . .profile_mydb
Previous Topic: Spool file with date
Next Topic: Output alignment......
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:33:43 CDT 2024