Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » OraFAQ = file hosting site?
OraFAQ = file hosting site? [message #218917] Mon, 12 February 2007 01:04 Go to next message
Maaher
It seems that a couple of members are using this forum as some kind of file sharing website. They post a message with an attachment (usually in the test forum) and some time later they remove the attachment. It is also funny to see that a lot of those messages come from members using the same IP address.

Did anyone notice the same? Any ideas how to deal with it?

MHE
Re: OraFAQ = file hosting site? [message #218918 is a reply to message #218917] Mon, 12 February 2007 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Yes, noticed that before. (also the IP number being the same, but there are more users using that IP)
I also started a new thread suggesting a max filesize for uploads, but I removed it. Seemed too big a hassle for just one or two offenders.
What I don't understand is why they keep bothering. Their attachments very often get removed by mods, and they are being told to go to some free mailing site or whatever, yet they keep trying..
Re: OraFAQ = file hosting site? [message #220798 is a reply to message #218918] Thu, 22 February 2007 03:16 Go to previous message
Maaher
Another member, same ip, same principle: link

MHE
Previous Topic: Point new members to the stickies?
Next Topic: Party ?!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:58:05 CDT 2024