Home » Other » Marketplace » Want Oracle DBA work
Want Oracle DBA work [message #183622] Fri, 21 July 2006 10:21
nmacdannald
I am in Stockton CA. USA
RESUME Neil R. MacDannald

PERSONAL
Health: Excellent Height: 6' 2" Weight: 180 lbs.
EDUCATION
Oracle University, Redwood Shores, California – Oracle Database Management
Modesto Junior College, Modesto, California - Computer Science and Accounting.
San Joaquin Delta College, Stockton, California - Major: Computer Science/business.

COMPUTER LANGUAGE AND SYSTEMS CAPABILITIES
Languages: SmallTalk, Unix, PL/SQL, SQL, COBOL, BASIC, C

Equipment: Sun Microsystems (Solaris 9), Opteron running XP, Unisys (B20 through A-9), Hewlett Packard.

General: A very strong knowledge of database design, installation, maintenance, security measures, and performance enhancements. I have experience in Employee Supervision and Project Supervision, System Management, Database Management, Applications development, and other technical areas.
WORK EXPERIENCE
AUG 2004 To Present: SJDC, CALIFORNIA
Serve as Information Technology Manager.
Did a migration from Oracle version 7.3 to 816. Did a migration from Oracle 8.1.6 to 10.1.0.4 with Java, XML, Data mining, Apache web server and IMAP enabled.
Built a new 10.2.0.1 Oracle database from scratch and imported data from older version into it.
AUG. 1986 TO Aug 2004: SJDC, STOCKTON, CALIFORNIA
I served as Database Analyst for Oracle and Gemstone databases. I was responsible for implementation, maintenance, and performance of our nine databases (five Oracle Databases, two Gemstone Databases, one Sybase, and one SqlServer). Work on our more difficult Technical Service projects. Assess and develop technologies that are new to our department, serving as pathfinder for our developers. I am responsible for the installation, setup and maintenance of Oracle Financials on Sun Solaris. I have installed the entire Oracle Financial system, Database, and Web Server.

History at SJDC: 1985 hired as P/A I, 1987 promoted to P/A II, 1990 promoted to P/A III, 1994 promoted to DBA, 2004 promoted to IT Manager, 2006 ready to pursue other opportunities.

OCT. 1985 TO PRESENT: DATA SOLUTIONS, STOCKTON, CALIFORNIA
Doing Business as Data Solutions; functioning as Consultant/Analyst/Programmer. I have completed a large variety of projects in various environments. Systems included Banking (Design/code/implement ATM interface for bank with seven branches), Payroll, Inventory, and other business systems.

REFERENCES
Are furnished upon request.
Previous Topic: Oracle Property Management Developers - UAE
Next Topic: Oracle Applications Technical Lead (Portland, Oregon, USA)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:42:23 CDT 2024