Home » Other » Marketplace » New administrative and development tool for Oracle
New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #164925] Mon, 27 March 2006 11:20 Go to next message
SQLap
Hello!

We are glad to present for you the new useful GUI-based administrative and developing tool
- S.Q.Lap's SQL Assistant for Oracle.
Abilities of the application:
1) SQL Editor allows execute SQL statements, scripts and PL/SQL blocks,preview the explain plan,
export data to text and SQL*Loader control files, use code completion and query history for
quick return to earlier executed statements.
2) Schemas,Functions,Procedures,Packages,simple and partitioned Tables,Indexes,Constraints,Views,
Triggers creating and management.
3) Security management (Creating and management roles and profiles, grant and revokes privileges.
Creating and management users accounts, checking and recompiling users invalid objects).
4) Sessions management, SQL monitoring, start/stop sessions tracing, and show results.
5) Redologs and Tablespaces management. (Creating and checking redogroups,redologs file, creating tablespaces,
management and resizing datafiles)
6) GUI-based interface for the Oracle Logminer, Oracle Import/Export utilities.
(More simple and fast redo/archivelogs analyze, data and objects transfering)

MORE EFFICIENCY ONLY FOR $50!

You can download 20-days trial version of S.Q.Lap's SQL Assistant from http://www.bigupload.com/d=5CA1B0A1
You can find detail description of application in the users manual (sqlapmanual.doc in ZIP-archive).
If you interest, please write your questions and suggestions to sqlap2006@yahoo.com
(You can subscribe on new releases announces)

Thank you for attention,
The S.Q.Lap's SQL Assistant
Developers team.
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #165313 is a reply to message #164925] Wed, 29 March 2006 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gogula77
Hi,

Can you tell me the main differences between your product and Oracle's SQL Developer 1?

And the SQL Developer is free!

regards

Gogula
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #165735 is a reply to message #165313] Sat, 01 April 2006 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SQLap
Hi, thank you for your interest.

Oracle SQL Developer supports only server versions 9.2 or higher.
Also, it is only developing products, administering purposes so small. Some SQL/PLSQL Editor useful features (as quick call query history) is absent in the Oracle SQL Developer Smile

Than you,
best regards
SQLap
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #165737 is a reply to message #165735] Sat, 01 April 2006 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Your software doesn't support 10g but you support 8i. SQL Developer does have your 'Query history'. But you are right: it is more a developers tool. For the DBA side, Oracle has OEM Wink

Convince me to use your tool.
MHE
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #165992 is a reply to message #165737] Mon, 03 April 2006 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SQLap
OK, I'll try Smile
1) Administer functions of Oracle SQL Developer allows creating and browsing objects, but
not allows whole management of these objects (for example, redologs and tablespaces).
S.Q.Laps SQL Assistant allows analyze redo and archivelogs with useful Gui-based LogMiner
wizard (not required additional installations), reorganize existing tables with new storage
parameters, useful search system (calling by Ctrl + F, continue find by F3) allows quick find
the necessary object from everyone tree and list in the application by partial corresponding.
Connections in the SQL Assistant allows choose non-default database charset and date format,
if necessary.
Sessions management in the SQL Assistant allows start and stop tracings any sessions, and
if application installed on the host-machine, immediately preview tracing results (if you wish, with
TKPROF processing). In the next versions, we'll make available showing results from client computers.
Also, host installed SQL Asistant allows using GUI-based realization for the Oracle Export/Import (TM)
utilities (client Export/Import wizard will be available soon also).

2) Oracle SQL Developer required JDK package (distributed with SQL Developer, but so many MB's Smile),
using Java, which with some advantages (such as crossplatform supporting) has many
bad cases. Main from these - many time required for operations.
S.Q.Lap's SQL Asisstant not using Java, required only Oracle (TM) CLient Software and
self zip-archive size very small (3MB)

3) Of course, SQL Assistant not tested with Oracle 10g for a while Sad But this support will be realize
in the following minor releases (early than SQL Assistant 2.0).
But, SQL Assistant allows successfuly work with Oracle 8i/9i. Oracle SQL Developer not supports server version
earlier 9.2.0.1

Also, we have many plans to improve our product, and we'll be grateful to any reports and suggestions.
In the future, we'll planning add SGA monitoring, alerter, increase query results export output
(Microsoft Excel,batch creating for the SQL*Loader plain text export of many tables e.t.c.),
easy manipulate with existing objects (extract DDL for the groups of objects, duplicate objects)
and many others.

Best regards,
SQLap
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #168076 is a reply to message #164925] Tue, 18 April 2006 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SQLap
Version 1.8.0.5 available from http://www.bigupload.com/d=94701232

Added
1) Oracle 10 supports
2) loading images into the CLOB/BLOB fields from clipboard
3) fast duplicate objects
3) improvements of the GUI
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #168436 is a reply to message #168076] Thu, 20 April 2006 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Bug #1: connected as a normal user (HR demo user) to a 9i database. SQL statement executed by SQLap + error message:
select a.name, b.name, c.name, a.ctime, u.account_status, u.profile from sys.user$ a, v$tablespace b, v$tablespace c, dba_users 
u where a.datats# = b.ts#(+) and a.user# = u.user_id and a.tempts# = c.ts# and a.type# = 1 order by a.name
Runtime error occurred: 942 (ORA-00942: table or view does not exist)

So, you can only connect if you have access to sys.user$?

MHE

[Updated on: Thu, 20 April 2006 07:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #168484 is a reply to message #168436] Thu, 20 April 2006 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SQLap
Thank you very much for your report.

Yes, you are right. We'll fix this bug in next version.
For a while, unfortunately, you can connect as normal, if your user has GRANT ON SELECT to SYS.USER$, DBA_USERS and has SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE role.

Best regards,
SQLap
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #168580 is a reply to message #168484] Fri, 21 April 2006 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Bug #2: When you create a new function starting with your template by following this path:
  1. right click on the "functions" node
  2. select "create function"
  3. enter a name, say "mhetest"
  4. review the code (based on your template and certainly not valid):
    FUNCTION      mhetest 
    ( param1 IN datatype DEFAULT default_value, 
      param2 IN OUT datatype) 
    RETURN  datatype IS 
      -- declare variables 
    variable_name                 datatype; 
      -- function body 
    BEGIN 
      statements ; 
      RETURN return_value ; 
      -- exceptions 
      EXCEPTION 
      WHEN exception_name THEN 
      statements ; 
    END;
  5. Click the create button (lightning icon)

The result of the status message is:
/forum/fa/1003/0/

At that point, there's no indication that the function is invalid. The tree doesn't display the new function until refresh and the code has disappeared after the click on the button.

Same goes for packages and procedures.

I do have a couple of questions:
- Are we meant to do bug testing?
- How far away are you from production? Although it seems nice at first glance it executes a lot of SQL in the background on startup. Perhaps all nodes on the tree should be loaded only when they are accessed. Just a suggestion.
- Do you have a website?

MHE
  • Attachment: sqlap1.jpg
    (Size: 12.30KB, Downloaded 1709 times)
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #168761 is a reply to message #164925] Sat, 22 April 2006 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SQLap
Thank you very much for your report, source editor bug will be fixed also.

So, I'll try answer your questions

1) I am know features of your site so bad. Certainly, you can not test my application,if do not want
2) Yes, we'll try realize your suggestion about loading objects. At present we already updating our engine.
3) No, I have not website for a while.

Best regards
SQLap
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #170196 is a reply to message #168580] Tue, 02 May 2006 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SQLap
version 2 now available from http://www.bigupload.com/code.php?code=DF9F792C
Improved Logminer interface, fixed connection as normal,compile template function and oth.
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #170300 is a reply to message #170196] Wed, 03 May 2006 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
The correct link is this: http://www.bigupload.com/d=DF9F792C

MHE
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #170304 is a reply to message #170300] Wed, 03 May 2006 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Bug #3: after creation of a function I decide to drop it. I click the "drop" button (red cross). Note that I didn't load the function from the tree and the tee doesn't display my newly created function yet. After a click of the button I get this:

/forum/fa/1032/0/

MHE

EDIT: and you might want to spell-check your manual Wink

Don't I get credit as beta-tester? http://www.orafaq.com/forum/images/message_icons/icon10.gif
  • Attachment: sqlap2.jpg
    (Size: 9.34KB, Downloaded 1629 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2006 04:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #170405 is a reply to message #170304] Wed, 03 May 2006 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SQLap
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reports. I'll fix this problem sooon.
About credit. I deeply grateful you for your reports, and, perhaps, in the future, when I'll become rich and beautiful, we'll can working even as a partners:)

Best regards, SQLap
Re: New administrative and development tool for Oracle [message #170485 is a reply to message #170405] Thu, 04 May 2006 01:16 Go to previous message
Maaher
I was just kidding Wink. It's nice to see that reported bugs are fixed very quick.

MHE
Previous Topic: career advice please
Next Topic: how to achieve my aim??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:27:55 CDT 2024