Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » gap analysis
gap analysis [message #128868] Thu, 21 July 2005 00:29 Go to next message
vspravipati

hi

i am new to oracle applications.what is gap analysis,if any one know about gap analysis please send me message, and also if u have any documentation on gap analysis send me doc.ny mail id is vspravipati@yahoo.co.in

regards
siva
Re: gap analysis [message #128876 is a reply to message #128868] Thu, 21 July 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chandranmba
Hi Ravi

GAP is the acronym used to refer to the Gap Analysis Program.he gap analysis process was conceived in the 1980s. Gap Analysis is a process of identifying areas of high conservation priority. It is designed to be a proactive approach to conservation. Gap relies on information about current landcover and the previous version of the software or any kind of development to say for the matter.

Why do we need GAP

1. Because lack of information leads to poor decisions.
2. Provide us with the information to be the best of software
implementaion ( or whatever it is) we or (our client) want
to be.
3. You cannot adequately manage an element without knowing its
status throughout its range.

Hope my mail helpu to clear ur doubt to some extent

All the v.best Ravipati

Cheers

Sarat Nallapati
Re: gap analysis [message #128887 is a reply to message #128868] Thu, 21 July 2005 01:41 Go to previous message
adragnes
Gap analysis to find what features you require that is not in the off-the-shelf solution. For example you might have a requirement that says that it should not be possible to delete invoices from Payables ever, whereas this is possible for unaccounted invoices. That is a gap.

The result in the gap analysis is used in determining whether the off-the-shelf solution covers your requirements sufficiently and what customisations that are necessary. For the invoice example this could be a CUSTOM Library extension that changes the property of the block with the invoices so that is not deletable in the Invoice Workbench form.

It is important to realise that it is not always desirable to close the gap using customisations. These are not always possible without doing intrusive modifications. Additionally there might be other ways to satisfy the underlying requirement. In the example above you might enable auditing on the invoice tables instead. People would still be able delete unaccounted invoices, but you will have an audit trail telling you that they did it and what the invoice was.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: Beginner
Next Topic: Please Help - Oracle 11.5.10 Installation Help on Windows XP Profession SP2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 23:35:11 CDT 2024