Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Help me out
Help me out [message #122071] Thu, 02 June 2005 13:09 Go to next message
larryking
hello ,

i have one small doubt. i want upload some accounts to the value set( i mean accounting flexfield) , so what is the process to upload. i have accounting data of 300 rows.

i have headings of that data as follows.

Segment Name, Segment Value,Segment Description,Account Type,Parent Flag, Child Range
Re: Loading value set values [was: Help me out] [message #122127 is a reply to message #122071] Fri, 03 June 2005 02:25 Go to previous message
adragnes
Loading value set values is done using FNDLOAD. How this utility works is described in the "Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide" in appendix C "Loaders".

However, FNDLOAD does not do complete validation of what you upload and should really only be used when moving AOL setup from one instance to another. This is something that also can be done using iSetup/Migrator.

The volumes of data you want to enter is not all that great and if you only have to do it once, and then use FNDLOAD to migrate it through test and into production it might be acceptable.

Something you might consider is to use a tool like DataLoad to automate the data entry into the forms.

--
Aleksander Dragnes

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 02:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Need Help in CUSTOM.pll .... Urgent!!!!!
Next Topic: i need oracle11i apps manufacturing Faq's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:28:17 CDT 2024