Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » How many modules are there in the current eBusiness Suite ?
How many modules are there in the current eBusiness Suite ? [message #119110] Tue, 10 May 2005 11:55 Go to next message
cgarz
Hello Everyone,

I guess this seems like an easy to answer question but unfortunately I haven't been able yet to really answer it ...
We are looking at 11.5.10 and how many separate, single modules there really are for this release ?
Which do only exist on paper but not in reality and which are part of another module and not a real, separate module all on its own ?
I already searched Metalink but wasn't able to gather enough information there.
Any other ideas or maybe even the answer ?

All input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Claudia
Re: How many modules are there in the current eBusiness Suite ? [message #119274 is a reply to message #119110] Wed, 11 May 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
What about querying the FND_APPLICATION table?
SELECT COUNT(1)
  FROM fnd_application
 WHERE application_short_name NOT LIKE 'XX%';

The where clause is in order to exclude non-Oracle applications. Convention has it that theses should have a name starting with 'XX'.

If you do not like SQL, you could do this within the application.
  1. Go to the Application Developer responsibility.
  2. Choose Application>Register from the Navigator.
  3. Query all applications (Ctrl+F11).
  4. Count them manually, excluding any custom applications.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: How many modules are there in the current eBusiness Suite ? [message #119303 is a reply to message #119274] Wed, 11 May 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cgarz
Hi Aleksander,

thanks for your reply and good hint. I ran the sql and got back 195 different applications, but I am not sure that all of these are real, actual modules.
Like for example:
Applications Shared Technology
Asia/Pacific Localizations
Application Implementation
Application Utilities

and so on. But maybe my definition of a module is insufficient. For me a module can be one or more applications which a business or technical user can actually access via a log in in HTML (most CRM modules) or Forms (most Back-end modules).

I fear that only Oracle (maybe their Sales or Marketing department) could give a real answer ... but on the other hand I somehow doubt that (knowing this company just a little bit ...) Wink

Would like to get your ideas on the above module "definition".

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Claudia

Re: How many modules are there in the current eBusiness Suite ? [message #119359 is a reply to message #119303] Thu, 12 May 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
How about counting the different user guides on the documentation CD? That should give you a pretty good idea of the number of modules.

I am curious, why do you need to know the number of modules?

--
Aleksander Dragnes

Re: How many modules are there in the current eBusiness Suite ? [message #119611 is a reply to message #119110] Fri, 13 May 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
Core Apps:
Grants Accounting
Receivables
Purchasing/Procurement
Payables
Human Resources (with or without payroll extension)
GL
Inventory

Second Tier:
Order Management
Assets
OIT
etc
etc
etc.
This is a very extensive list to my understanding.

edit - That's Order Management, not Order Manufacturing...

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How many modules are there in the current eBusiness Suite ? [message #121137 is a reply to message #119611] Thu, 26 May 2005 06:29 Go to previous message
adragnes
Steve Corey wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 16:10

Core Apps:
Grants Accounting
[...]

Steve, I do not agree with you that Grants Accounting is one of the more important applications in the Oracle E-Business Suite. It is more of a public sector add-on to Oracle Projects.

I think it originally was an Oracle Consulting project that later morphed into an application. That would account for the rather interesting choice of data model. I seem to recall you having some issues with it. Wink

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: load data from external system to GL_interface
Next Topic: List of some APIs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:03:38 CDT 2024