Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Upgrade 10.7 to 11i - Changing the Calendar
Upgrade 10.7 to 11i - Changing the Calendar [message #95432] Tue, 23 December 2003 08:01 Go to next message
Calvin Flemmings
We are currently on 10.7.

We will start our UPGRADE to 11i.5.9 January, '04.
Also, we will be adding periods to the Calendar.

I have been told, by an Oracle rep, that there is no limit to the number of new periods that can be created, however historical data mapping from old to new periods is a concern.

I understand that the most expedient method is to create a new set of books with the new calendar, and consolidate into it the 10.7 level by creating a new SOB in 10.7, and consolidate old 10.7 to the new 10.7 SOBs. Then do the upgrade using the new 10.7 to 11.5.9.

What the steps involved in doing this?
Given a 10 gig database, how much time should we allocate to this process?

Can this be done by simply transferring historical data?
Or does the data need to be re-created?
What do we need to consider?

Thanks.

Calvin
Re: Upgrade 10.7 to 11i - Changing the Calendar [message #95437 is a reply to message #95432] Sun, 28 December 2003 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melanie Bock
Usually you do not need to setup new set of books to change calendar. I am a consultant and have helped more than 40 companies change calendars, usually with only a few days of my remote help. Send me email if you are interested.

If you setup new set of books, it is like legacy conversion all over again, generally a huge effort that is entirely unnecesary.

- Melanie
Re: Upgrade 10.7 to 1i - Changing the Calendar [message #95524 is a reply to message #95437] Sun, 15 February 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krishnakumar venkata nuje
yes melanie let me know how u can help.
Re: Upgrade 10.7 to 1i - Changing the Calendar [message #95528 is a reply to message #95524] Sun, 15 February 2004 09:29 Go to previous message
Melanie Bock
I am not sure if you represent same company as Calvin in original message, but I am independent consultant who has helped over 40 companies change calendars on all types of releases and applications. Oracle Consulting has even referred companies to me for this. I do charge for this but charge is minimal, generally 3 to 8 hours depending on situation, and all assistance is remote. I need to understand requirements and then I cut and paste scripts to update calendar tables. Contact me directly at melaniejbock@cs.com if you are interested.

I am not out here to solicit business but I hate to see people consider a huge project when a small project is very feasible and has been done many times. Biggest effort is testing to verify all is ok after change, especially customizations.
Previous Topic: Cognos
Next Topic: Workflow Builder and tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:16:46 CDT 2024