Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » simultaneous access of the same record from two different machines
simultaneous access of the same record from two different machines [message #79601] Tue, 25 June 2002 05:48 Go to next message
Ranjith Peddireddy
hi all,
i am having a table emp
(fields :: empno,ename,designation,.......)
in that i have 4records like
a1, a2,a3, a4.
i had created a form ,using the above table.
in tht the provision is if i enter the empno,
all the other fields should be retrieved.
i had a problem when i am accessing the same record (let it be a2) from the same form but from two different terminals .Imean to say
i had opened the form in the designer mode, and in the runform i will entry the a2 record's emp no and will
retrieve the data.

the same form i will open from other terminal ,
and will enter the a2 record's empno ,
then itz displaying the error as

Could not reserve record(2 tries)
keep trying

and prompts for YES or NO
if YES then it displays

Could not reserve record(4 tries)
keep trying

again prompts for YES or NO

if YES then it displays

Could not reserve record(6 tries)
keep trying

in the message , it goes on increasing the tries to
adding 2

help me,
Tx in advance.
ranjith.
Re: simultaneous access of the same record from two different machines [message #79602 is a reply to message #79601] Tue, 25 June 2002 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
N
hi,
this is a common problem for which there are many answers but not necessarily solutions! The database throws this type of error when there are two sessions tryin gto access the same record because these two sessions (people) might want to update the same record which is not feasible. Violates dbase constraints.

arios
Re: simultaneous access of the same record from two different machines [message #79615 is a reply to message #79601] Wed, 26 June 2002 23:04 Go to previous message
Tyler
Try locking the record if it is currently begin updated and used... This will allow another user to realize that it is locked, instead of getting an ugly message.
Previous Topic: ORDER BY..... IN TLIST
Next Topic: Exit_form trouble
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 04:12:38 CDT 2024