Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Passing value Throught form to report
Passing value Throught form to report [message #78742] Wed, 13 March 2002 22:00 Go to next message
annu
Dear experts,

Suppose if i m working on tabular (10 records) form and using query on dept like select dname from dept . when i double click on dname it pass value to a global variable and generate report through this global.variable and show all the employess belongs to that perticular department in shape of report. How i do this? can anybudy tell me in some brief with commands and runtime command syntex and how to create parameter list items ..

annu
Re: Passing value Throught form to report [message #78745 is a reply to message #78742] Wed, 13 March 2002 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratap kumar tripathy
here is how to do it

change the parameter accordingly it has been marked with ****

DECLARE
v_plist varchar2(255) := 'Parameter_List';
v_pl_id paramlist := Get_Parameter_List(v_plist);
BEGIN
if not id_null(v_pl_id) then
Destroy_Parameter_List(v_pl_id);
end if;
v_pl_id := Create_Parameter_List(v_plist);
Add_Parameter(v_pl_id, 'DESTYPE', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'preview');
Add_Parameter(v_pl_id, 'PARAMFORM', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'NO');
Add_Parameter(v_pl_id,'COPIES', TEXT_PARAMETER, '1');
Add_Parameter(v_pl_id, 'ORIENTATION', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'portrait');
Add_parameter(v_pl_id,'***PARAMETER NAME***,TEXT_PARAMETER,****PARAMETER VALUE****);
Run_Product(REPORTS,'***REPORT_NAME***',synchronous, runtime, filesystem, v_pl_id, null);
END;
Re: Passing value Throught form to report [message #78747 is a reply to message #78742] Thu, 14 March 2002 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
annu
plese explane it and all of its contents .. i cant even understand what u wanna define.
Re: Passing value Throught form to report [message #78760 is a reply to message #78747] Thu, 14 March 2002 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
annu
Dear expert pratap,
Sorry for bothering again .. I really appriciate for your keen interest to solve my prob . I just confuse in these two lines of you coding. please clearfy.

1. Add_parameter(v_pl_id,'P_DEPT_NO',TEXT_PARAMETER,****the dept_no of currently selected record****);

*** what should i write against ,****the dept_no of currently selected record****
a. a field name like :dept.deptno
b. a global variable :global.dptno
c. a hard coded value like '10'

2. Run_Product(REPORTS,'**abc**',synchronous, runtime, filesystem, v_pl_id, null);

*** what should i write against ,**abc**.
a. a field name like :dept.deptno
b. a global variable :global.dptno
c. a hard coded value like '10'

Please tell me the exact command what should i write here..

Annu
Re: Passing value Throught form to report [message #78763 is a reply to message #78747] Thu, 14 March 2002 23:18 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
1. Add_parameter(v_pl_id,'P_DEPT_NO',TEXT_PARAMETER,****the dept_no of currently selected record****);

pass the currently selected department :dept.deptno

2. Run_Product(REPORTS,'**abc**',synchronous, runtime, filesystem, v_pl_id, null);

pass the name of the report i.e. report name abc.rdf then pass "abc"
Previous Topic: IMP-00003: ORACLE error 942 encountered
Next Topic: JDev3.2.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:21:32 CDT 2024