Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » odbc driver installation
odbc driver installation [message #78019] Thu, 03 January 2002 23:07 Go to next message
Rajesh Mandawat
Hi,

I want to know about the installation of ODBC driver. IIf I installed odbc then I can not install the Form 6 and Report 6. If I install the form 6 and report 6 then I cant install the odbc. Why is so. Is there any special requirement to isntall both.

Rajesh

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: odbc driver installation [message #78023 is a reply to message #78019] Fri, 04 January 2002 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sokeh
I am very sure you are doing something wrong.
Although ODBC comes with your oracle install, you can still find an odbc datasource with windows2000.
All you need is configure for your specific platform.
Let me know so I can walk you through the steps.
but first, go to control panel, administrative tools, odbc datasources and try to configure it first.

odbc driver installation [message #78032 is a reply to message #78023] Fri, 04 January 2002 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajesh Mandawat
Hi Sokeh,

Thanks for your reply. I am having win nt on server machine where I have installed oracle for nt and odbc is installed there. Now at client I have win 98. I can only install either odbbc and sql 8 ( by custom installation ) or developer 2000. either of one I have to remove it from registry why is so.

Rajesh

Re: odbc driver installation [message #78036 is a reply to message #78019] Sat, 05 January 2002 10:35 Go to previous message
sokeh
Why are you installing only odbc and sql8 ( I suppose you mean sql net8)?
What specific error message are you getting when you attempt to install dev2000?
Previous Topic: set_item_property
Next Topic: ACTIVE_X
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:56:10 CDT 2024