Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Encoding causes unable to open .fmb file (Oracle 9i Forms Developer, win7, 64)
Encoding causes unable to open .fmb file [message #655647] Wed, 07 September 2016 01:05
inzu
Hi all
I am new to Oracle, Forms, Reports, SQL and so on.
My chief gave me a task to display national characters in Reports. I solved that issue, and one of the items was re-setting NLS_LANG from RUSSIAN_CIS.CL8MSWIN1251 to RUSSIAN_CIS.UTF8. Ok.

BUT, performing different manual tests after that change it was found that some .fmb files couldn't be opened by Forms Builder (or, maybe they could be opened, but it would take more time, i wated 20 mins, CP load was 25%) and some could be successfully. That issue was solved by re-setting from RUSSIAN_CIS.UTF8 to AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8. After that all .fmbs are OK to open. Also,
when setting AMERICAN_CIS.UTF8 all .fmbs can be opened, too, though such kind of NLS_LANG setting is not recommended.

How can Language component of NLS_LANG cause the trouble with .fmb opening? What should i check?
Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2016 02:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to restrict a warning coming as many times I click on Execute (f5) button in oracle forms
Next Topic: Menu and LOV color
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 20:58:07 CDT 2024