Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Get value from table and create pop up menu (Oracle Developer Suite 10g,Win 7 Professional 64 bit)
Get value from table and create pop up menu [message #642491] Fri, 11 September 2015 18:22 Go to next message
shumail
Hi All
I appreciate if some one help me out...
I have a button on form layout, my requirement is that When I pressed button then it will show some sort of dynamic pop up menu that will get all menu values from one of my table.
In addition, if we click any menu item then it will call specific report..
For example

If we consider the example of emp and dept then if I will press button then system will go to dept table and get all deptno from there and show those deptno as menu item and if I click deptno 30 then it will call one of my report that is related to deptno 30...

I don't know whether is it possible in oracle form or not....

Thanks and Regards
Re: Get value from table and create pop up menu [message #642665 is a reply to message #642491] Wed, 16 September 2015 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bluetooth420
I think you need to us LOV

Below button use when button pressed trigger and use "show_lov"
Re: Get value from table and create pop up menu [message #642711 is a reply to message #642665] Thu, 17 September 2015 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Quote:
If we consider the example of emp and dept then if I will press button then system will go to dept table and get all deptno from there and show those deptno as menu item and if I click deptno 30 then it will call one of my report that is related to deptno 30...

Please clarify what you mean when you say "Menu" as this is confusing.

What you want to do, Click a button, display some values and perform and action depending on the which value is selected, is pretty standard actions. It seems to me that your When-Button-Pressed (WBP) trigger just needs to show a canvas that lists the values from your table. Then, in your list of items, have a When-Mouse-Click (WMC) or When-Mouse-Doubleclick (WMD) trigger that reads the value of the selected row and takes an action based on that value. You can design your "Canvas" to look like a Context-Menu (Popup menu).
Re: Get value from table and create pop up menu [message #642735 is a reply to message #642711] Thu, 17 September 2015 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shumail
Hi Craig
Thanks for reply , let me tell you my requirement in details.
I have a table in which all roles are defined and against those roles specific reports names attached...Now what I want is that When user Pressed some sort of Push button then it will get all reports name associated with that role and show List of value or pop up menu, if user selected any value from pop up or LOV then oracle forms call that specific report...

Please let me know if you need more details..

Regards
Muzz
Re: Get value from table and create pop up menu [message #642844 is a reply to message #642735] Mon, 21 September 2015 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
This is what I thought you where trying to accomplish. This can easily be done by simply creating a new Data Block, Canvas and Window to display your list of available reports for the user.

Quote:
I have a table in which all roles are defined and against those roles specific reports names attached.

Add a new data block to your form based on this table. Then filter the table for the specific user using the WHERE Clause property of the block.

Quote:
Now what I want is that When user Pressed some sort of Push button then it will get all reports name associated with that role and show List of value or pop up menu

The code in your When-Button-Pressed trigger will simply send the navigation cursor to the First Item in your new block using GO_ITEM('BLOCK.ITEM_NAME'). Now, write a When-Mouse-Doubleclick trigger that will execute the selected report or have the user click on the desired report and then click on a "Run Report" button. Either way, the result is the same. Smile

Craig...
Re: Get value from table and create pop up menu [message #642858 is a reply to message #642844] Mon, 21 September 2015 23:10 Go to previous message
shumail
Thanks for the reply Craig, I really appreciate your help....
Previous Topic: FORMS AND REPORTS 11G
Next Topic: forms (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:48:51 CDT 2024