Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Make a form searchable at the line level
Make a form searchable at the line level [message #637846] Wed, 27 May 2015 06:32 Go to next message
swetaranjan

I want to make a form searchable at the line level. The form is searchable at header level but not at the line level.
Can one suggest how can it be achieved?
Re: Make a form searchable at the line level [message #637847 is a reply to message #637846] Wed, 27 May 2015 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't quite understand what "line level" and "header level" are. Could you explain it? Attach a screenshot, if possible.

Besides, which Oracle product do you use? Operating system?
Re: Make a form searchable at the line level [message #637889 is a reply to message #637847] Thu, 28 May 2015 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swetaranjan
Hi

When i am trying to search using the campaign code , f11 and then control +f11 its working( the form is searchable) but when i am trying to search giving product, its not working.(its not searching for that particular product)
I want to make the form searchable by giving product value.

please refer to the screen shot attached.

Thanks
Re: Make a form searchable at the line level [message #637890 is a reply to message #637889] Thu, 28 May 2015 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What does "its not working" mean? How exactly do you want to perform search? Could you describe steps you do?

This seems to be a master-detail form; is it? If so, how did you create relationship between these two blocks? Was it through Data block wizard, or did you do it manually?

Is the form - when you start it - in query mode? If it is, and if it is a master-detail form, you can't query by products unless you first exit query mode, navigate to "Products" block, enter query mode again, enter product you're interested in and then execute query.

Anyway, some more information from your side might help.
Re: Make a form searchable at the line level [message #637894 is a reply to message #637890] Thu, 28 May 2015 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swetaranjan
1) In the compaign code , when i am giving a data (0001),and then control+f11 it is searching specificly for 0001. based on that i am also getting data in the product

2)But when i am try to search any product , say for example 'alpha' it is not showing all the details related to 'alpha'. its showing all the product. hence i want to make searchable to the product part.
Re: Make a form searchable at the line level [message #637896 is a reply to message #637894] Thu, 28 May 2015 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As of 2): do you want to search for ALPHA product
  • within the 0001 campaign code (i.e. the first block shows one record which has 0001 in the "campaign code" item, and the second block contains hundreds of products that belong to the 0001 campaign code, but you want to extract only those products whose name is ALPHA)?
    If that's so, there shouldn't be any problem in doing it as the second block already contains those records, you just have to "filter" them out. If you are doing that, note that letter case might make the difference (unless you set that item's querying property to case insensitive).
  • regardless there are any records in the first block (i.e. you aren't interested in campaign code records at all). If that's what you are doing, re-read my previous message.

Re: Make a form searchable at the line level [message #637898 is a reply to message #637896] Thu, 28 May 2015 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swetaranjan
Can u please suggest me.. how to add filter at the product level.
Re: Make a form searchable at the line level [message #637915 is a reply to message #637898] Fri, 29 May 2015 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
While in the "products" block, enter query mode, enter search criteria, execute query.
Re: Make a form searchable at the line level [message #637935 is a reply to message #637915] Fri, 29 May 2015 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swetaranjan
At product level, there are multiple products like alpha, beta, gama, eta, rodhen, ray etc..
But i want to search the details of only alpha, so i pressed f11 then gave %alpha% in the search criteria and then pressed control + f11. its shows all the products (alpha, beta, gama, eta, rodhen, ray etc..) Though it should have showed the result details of only alpha..but this didnt happened so how can i do this changes.
Please suggest.
Re: Make a form searchable at the line level [message #637936 is a reply to message #637935] Fri, 29 May 2015 05:44 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Is that item (into which you put ALPHA) a database item? If it is not (i.e. you populate its value in POST-QUERY trigger), querying won't work that way. You'll have to use PRE-QUERY trigger and set block's ONETIME_WHERE property.
Previous Topic: what is format mask value for financial year for ex: 2015-16
Next Topic: Dynamic Item Properties Control and Apply
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:48:47 CDT 2024