Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » attendence entry (d2k 6i)
attendence entry [message #634025] Tue, 03 March 2015 01:34 Go to next message
asifkhan1990.cse

Dear all,

can we insert attendence through thumb impression machine when employee touch your thumb at machine.

Re: attendence entry [message #634034 is a reply to message #634025] Tue, 03 March 2015 04:33 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I believe so. The question is "how" to do that.

For example, we use ACAtek's hardware and software (Access Manager). It can connect to MS SQL Server or Oracle database and - as soon as someone logs in (or out) - the event is saved into the database. Therefore, you don't have to do anything (but set the whole thing up).

If you use something else (which, basically, doesn't matter), you'll have to find a way to do the same job: store event into a database. As your thumb impression machine isn't alone in the universe, I guess that it is connected to your network. It also means that it has it own IP address, which - in turn - means that you might be able to access it through any web browser (such as MS Internet Explorer). If you do that, what options do you see? Anything useful?

Where are in/out events stored to? Does that machine have its own database (such as Oracle Lite)? Or, can you extract events into a (CSV) file, using your operating system's scheduler and "ping" the machine, read what's stored in there and save it into that CSV file? If so, it is easy to load it into Oracle (using SQL*Loader as the simplest way, or use it as an external table, or whichever approach you choose).

As you posted the question in our Forms forum: why did you do that? I'm not sure that Forms should be involved into the process. Anyway, people previously discussed similar issues - here are the search results for "weight" in Forms forum; they tried to capture how much something weights and display that value in a form.

That's all I can think of at the moment. You might hear someone else's opinion too (just be patient).
Previous Topic: How to restrict user not to enter duplicate Record?
Next Topic: dynamic menus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:21:43 CDT 2024