Home » RDBMS Server » Security » SECURITY on PUBLIC GRANTEES (Urgent)
SECURITY on PUBLIC GRANTEES (Urgent) [message #54284] Fri, 08 November 2002 11:07 Go to next message
MARILOU
Are tables owned by SYS / SYSTEM be PUBLIC?
Or tables such as the data dictionary table (owned by SYSTEM) granted to PUBLIC normal. Is this the default upon installation? What are the risks? Can these tables be read by all users of the databases?
Please help. I'm doing security review on databases.
Focusing of access to tables including tools, and systems. should they be limited to certain user types only. But the DBAs here said, it is normal to make
these tables PUBLIC. Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: SECURITY on PUBLIC GRANTEES (Urgent) [message #54300 is a reply to message #54284] Sat, 09 November 2002 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shareef
no as a DBA i say that all the tables owend by sys/system are not public, a DBA can grant privialges, to such tables.

if u need help other than this, please mail me.

with best regards
Re: SECURITY on PUBLIC GRANTEES (Urgent) [message #54332 is a reply to message #54300] Mon, 11 November 2002 22:45 Go to previous message
shareef
Hello Mr. MARILOU

please could u write details what is u r question, ok any how i give u answer what i understood, to retrive table a user should have DBA, previlage.

and my direct email is syedshareef_786@rediffmail.com
Previous Topic: GRANT inside procedure
Next Topic: regarding profiles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:04:39 CDT 2024