Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » data pump import error (impdp, 10.2.0.1 Windows Server 2003 VM server)
data pump import error [message #476762] Sat, 25 September 2010 13:28 Go to next message
avbowdenverizonnet

Hi,

I am new to data pump utilities, I haven't really found the answers on line or in the Oracle documentation so far. So here goes. We have a QA database on a VM server with Windows 2003 operating system and oracle 10.2.0.1 installed along with limited disk space.

We received an expdp file from a client that is large enough that we had to copy it to a network drive (40GB). I created a new directory called IMPDMP with the directory path (using UNC pathing) to \\server\share\folder\subfolder\ (our network mapped P drive, yes I included the backslash, but I have tried without it also). I also included the parfile here. I checked the grants and they seem to be fine

SQL> select * from session_roles where role like '%DATABASE' or role like 'DBA';

ROLE
------------------------------
DBA
EXP_FULL_DATABASE
IMP_FULL_DATABASE

SQL> select * from session_privs where privilege like '%DICT%';

PRIVILEGE
----------------------------------------
SELECT ANY DICTIONARY
ANALYZE ANY DICTIONARY

this is the parfile
DIRECTORY=impdmp
FULL=N
SCHEMAS=expschema
REMAP_SCHEMA=impschema
DUMPFILE=impdmp:expdp_1020.DMP
NOLOGFILE=Y

and then when running import datapump with this command:
impdp ********/******** parfile p:\folder\subfolder\impdmp.txt

and I get this error

Import: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Saturday, 25 September, 2010 14:07:07

Copyright (c) 2003, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Produc
tion
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options
ORA-39001: invalid argument value
ORA-39000: bad dump file specification
ORA-31640: unable to open dump file "\\server\share\folder\subfolder\expdp_1020.DMP" for read
ORA-27041: unable to open file
OSD-04002: unable to open file
O/S-Error: (OS 5) Access is denied.

notes: 1) I get this also when removing the last slash in dba_directories 2) When trying with mapped drive P, instead of UNC, I get different OS error about not being able to read the file 3)I had to set the nologfile parameter because I was also having problems with writing the log file also. 4) I am able to write to the drive (hence the parfile existing there, and I am able to see the directory in windows explorer) 5) Our company does not have a Metalink account. 6) when trying to run impdp interactively I get this error

Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Produc
tion
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options
ORA-39001: invalid argument value
ORA-39000: bad dump file specification
ORA-31640: unable to open dump file "C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\admin\orcl\dpdump\
expdat.dmp" for read
ORA-27041: unable to open file
OSD-04002: unable to open file
O/S-Error: (OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified.

My questions are this
1) In interactive mode, does a dummy file expdat.dmp have to exist in the DATA_PUMP_DIR directory?
2) does my export have to reside in the DATA_PUMP_DIR directory (again, no disk space to handle the DMP file), one of the hard drives is just big enough to handle the space but since it has datafiles there also, it would crash during import when trying to extend.

I know this is alot, but I haven't found anything close to my answers in the documentation or posts.

Re: data pump import error [message #476763 is a reply to message #476762] Sat, 25 September 2010 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
\\server\share\folder\subfolder\expdp_1020.DMP

Oracle must often does not support UNC and shared drive because:
1/ It is not coded for
2/ The instance or listener owner is a local user with no network privilege

Quote:
The system cannot find the file specified

Oracle cannot find the file specified.

Quote:
I know this is alot, but I haven't found anything close to my answers in the documentation or posts.

This has been said many times and you didn't search very well.
Look at these posts:
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/?SQ=44883887cbe986197e973d940eb42835&t=search&srch=UNC&btn_submit=Search&field=all&fo rum_limiter=&search_logic=AND&sort_order=DESC&author=

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sat, 25 September 2010 13:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: data pump import error [message #476843 is a reply to message #476763] Sun, 26 September 2010 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
avbowdenverizonnet

Interesting, the reason I went with UNC was because of this post

fritshoogland.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/using-datapump-on-windows-to-write-to-a-share/

So, the nuts and bolts of it is your are saying that the dmp file needs to be on the machine's hard drive?

Thanks,

Tony
Re: data pump import error [message #476844 is a reply to message #476843] Sun, 26 September 2010 13:28 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
http://michael-elliott.com/default.asp?topic=datapump&title=Data%20Pump

just FYI. I am just the messenger.
Provided without any warranty of suitability or actual functionality
Previous Topic: ORA-31694: master table "SYS"."SYS_IMPORT_FULL_02" failed to load/unload
Next Topic: export/import and NOVALIDATE constraints
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:17:07 CDT 2024