Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » No Data Found error however data still appears (APEX 3.1)
No Data Found error however data still appears [message #468661] Sat, 31 July 2010 22:09 Go to next message
marahess
Hi there,

I have a report region in an APEX application. When I run the page, the table appears correctly, but directly above it in the same region, this error displays: Invalid function body condition: ORA-01403: no data found. I've checked the report attributes and everything looks fine. There's no restrictions or formatting or condiitonal display items that may have caused this issue.

When I click the "No Debug" on the page, the region says, "show report", then this error, then "Determine column headings" etc.

I hope the above helps in diagnosing this problem. I would really appreciate if someone could help resolving this mystery.

Thankyou in advance.

Re: No Data Found error however data still appears [message #468696 is a reply to message #468661] Sun, 01 August 2010 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
There *must* be something that throws that error. As it says "invalid function body" - what function might that be? If there's none in the report itself, do you - perhaps - call a stored function (which is in the database) and it ends up with an error?
Re: No Data Found error however data still appears [message #468728 is a reply to message #468696] Sun, 01 August 2010 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marahess
Thankyou for your response. I've had a look at the functions in the database as well as the APEX page and can't find any that could be causing this issue. If this is the only possible reason for this error, I might see if one of my collegues can have a look as I might be overlooking something.
Re: No Data Found error however data still appears [message #468834 is a reply to message #468728] Mon, 02 August 2010 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
Can you please give screen-shots of region defination and report page with error?

regards,
Delna
Re: No Data Found error however data still appears [message #468988 is a reply to message #468834] Mon, 02 August 2010 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marahess
Hi there,

Please see attached the screenshots. The first being the APEX page where the error appears in the "Order Line" section (you can also see the table correctly appearing directly underneath). The next screenshots are the Report definition.
Appreciate your assistance with this !

Re: No Data Found error however data still appears [message #469029 is a reply to message #468988] Tue, 03 August 2010 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, query you wrote is more than simple. I *think* that it isn't to be blamed (but, then again, what do I know?).

Try to modify "Region error message": instead of #SQLERRM#, put something else in there (such as "There was an error in Order Lines region"). Tell us what happens (I mean, will it display the same ORA-01403 error, or your own message).

Is there, perhaps, any Computation on that page? If so, what does it do?
Re: No Data Found error however data still appears [message #469093 is a reply to message #468988] Tue, 03 August 2010 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
By seeing the screen-shots you sent, I don't think the error is coming from that report query. Is there anything else which is related to that region?

Do what suggested by Littlefoot and revert back with what you get.

regards,
Delna
Re: No Data Found error however data still appears [message #469095 is a reply to message #469093] Tue, 03 August 2010 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marahess
Thanks everyone for your help. I tried modifying the Region Error message with no success. I did delete the region and created exactly the same and the error message no longer appears. Perhaps it was a glitch in my program or computer ???? Either way, whatever it was, it's now fixed !!
Re: No Data Found error however data still appears [message #469102 is a reply to message #469095] Tue, 03 August 2010 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Or it is because your computers are upside down (from my point of view) Smile
Re: No Data Found error however data still appears [message #469121 is a reply to message #469095] Tue, 03 August 2010 07:09 Go to previous message
delna.sexy
It happens many times in Apex, only because of browser cache values. Even you just copy that region in the same page and you won't find that error in new region, but it will be there in old one.

regards,
Delna
Previous Topic: APEX 3.2 Installation
Next Topic: Fail to run apex_epg_config and can't login in
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:24:28 CDT 2024