Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Some general questions
Some general questions [message #461638] Sun, 20 June 2010 03:19 Go to next message
rodnower
Hello.

1) I put attention that TNS write events into its log in too big frequency: ~ 10 time in second. I see that it is for every connection, but I assume that this no too good to performance.
Is there some way to tell to TNS not to write event for every connection but only for errors?

2) May I to remove alert.log of DB? Or DB will make me problems with this?

3) How can I tell to my client connect directly to my instance rather than during TNS?

I have Oracle RAC 11g running on Red Hat 4 64 bit.

Thank you for ahead.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 June 2010 03:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Some general questions [message #461657 is a reply to message #461638] Sun, 20 June 2010 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Quote:
1) I put attention that TNS write events into its log in too big frequency: ~ 10 time in second. I see that it is for every connection, but I assume that this no too good to performance.
Is there some way to tell to TNS not to write event for every connection but only for errors?

Your question is not clear to me. Could you please elaborate your question.

Quote:
May I to remove alert.log of DB? Or DB will make me problems with this?

Yes You can remove if you don't want; Once you remove your alert log it will automatically create next log switch.

Quote:
How can I tell to my client connect directly to my instance rather than during TNS?

You know your client connecting database; Then with out TNS how they will connect?

-Babu
Re: Some general questions [message #461690 is a reply to message #461657] Mon, 21 June 2010 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rodnower
Thank you for answering.
About first question:
TNS writes connection events, and I have too much connections.
So now I may split it to two questions:
1.1. How to tell to TNS Listener write only errors and not connections to its alert.log
1.2. How I understand it is not right that TNS opens too many connections. In lsnrctl I see established: more than 1400. So one DBA tell me that I need to pooling connections at client side. I use .NET 3.5 with Oracle.DataAccess and NHibernate that use System.Data.Oracle. Both use the same connection string. How and where I do this connection pooling?

Thank you very much again.
Re: Some general questions [message #461787 is a reply to message #461690] Mon, 21 June 2010 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>1.1. How to tell to TNS Listener write only errors and not connections to its alert.log
Can not change existing behavior.

>1.2. How I understand it is not right that TNS opens too many connections.
TNS only does what it is directed to do.
If for every SQL statement, the application does OPEN connection, do one SQL, CLOSE connection; it is application which needs to change.
Re: Some general questions [message #468632 is a reply to message #461787] Sat, 31 July 2010 05:58 Go to previous message
rodnower
Thank you for replay. I yet learned how to use connection pooling during connection string, so now this problems are solved.
Previous Topic: ORA-12547 in my case
Next Topic: ORA-12560: TNS:
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:02:44 CDT 2024