Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » EBS Application Data masking and Encryption. (HRMS, Financials - 11.5.10.2 version)
EBS Application Data masking and Encryption. [message #454428] Wed, 05 May 2010 08:53 Go to next message
Mohan Nayak
Hello,

My company is planning to do either masking or encryption of EBS HRMS and Financial application data from the User Interface and database.

We have 11.5.10.2 version of Application, 10g database and Linux operating system with RAC architecture.

Can some one provide me with details of both Oracle and Third Party Solutions for masking and encrypting.

Regard
Mohan
Re: EBS Application Data masking and Encryption. [message #454444 is a reply to message #454428] Wed, 05 May 2010 10:53 Go to previous message
John Watson
Hi - I've done a lot of work on this recently. With DB10g, TDE (transparent data encryption) is at the column level, so you have a lot of work to do in identifying which columns to encrypt. There may also be issues with data types and constraints.
If possible, upgrade to DB11g, where you can use tablespace TDE. This should work no problem. You also have the data masking routines available, which can use deterministic algorithms and can therefore work across tables.
These facilities are a powerful motivator for the 11g upgrade, we are working with a number of clients on this.
Previous Topic: How to set up the security in Oracle iAssets System?
Next Topic: Oracle Financial Analyezer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:22:00 CDT 2024