Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Reporting Currencies Ledger Level vs Subledger Level (Oracle Financials R12)
Reporting Currencies Ledger Level vs Subledger Level [message #454269] Tue, 04 May 2010 14:46 Go to next message
asimnabi
Reporting currencies could be created at three levels 1) Balances 2) Journals 3) Subledger.
As I understand the main difference between 2 and 3 is that 2 is driven by "journal posting program" while 3 is driven by "subledger create accounting program".
In option 2 journals are created and posted in the reporting currencies ledger when you post journals in the primary ledger.
In option 3 journals are created and posted in the reporting currencies ledger when you either run creating accounting in subledgers or post a journal in the primary ledger.
The only difference 3 is creating as oppose to 2 is that it is letting you see subledgers journals earlier in the game right when they are created in subledgers as oppose to when they are posted in GL.
I dont get it. What benefits do companies see in 3 as oppose to 2? In what scenarios companies would use 3 as oppose to 2?
Thanks
Re: Reporting Currencies Ledger Level vs Subledger Level [message #454291 is a reply to message #454269] Wed, 05 May 2010 00:16 Go to previous message
vamsi kasina
I've answered the same question in OTN thread with respect to technical.

By
Vamsi
Previous Topic: Program - Maintain Authorized Users for Journal Approval Reassignment
Next Topic: How to set up the security in Oracle iAssets System?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:57:55 CDT 2024