Home » Other » Client Tools » Sql Plus keeps crashing when I open Notepad (Oracle 10g release 2 Client, Windows XP Media)
icon5.gif  Sql Plus keeps crashing when I open Notepad [message #401227] Sat, 02 May 2009 23:05 Go to next message
sandriac
I am very new to Oracle and SQL Plus. I am trying to type my insert statements in a file I open in SQL Plus by typing the command edit temp.sql. Notepad opens and I type my commands and then save it and close notepad. Then I always get a message that SQL Plus is not responding. I have to close it and sign on again to SQL plus and type start temp.sql. The command runs and creates the rows. But I have to do this every time. Any ideas why SQL Plus would keep crashing? Is it just a bad connection to the server? Thanks for any help!
Re: Sql Plus keeps crashing when I open Notepad [message #401229 is a reply to message #401227] Sat, 02 May 2009 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
You need to help us by following the Posting Guidelines as stated below.
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

I suggest you utilize two windows; 1 being Notepad & the other being sqlplus.

Formulate the SQL statements in NOTEPAD and the CUT & PASTE them into the sqlplus window.

SQL statement can/should be terminated with semicolon ";" characters.

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Please, please, please Read & Follow Posting Guidelines above.
Go to the section labeled "Practice" & do as directed.

Good Luck!
Re: Sql Plus keeps crashing when I open Notepad [message #402284 is a reply to message #401227] Fri, 08 May 2009 07:34 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
Are you certain that you're exiting Notepad?

SQL*Plus passes control over to Notepad, and will stay unresponsive for as long as Notepad is open.

If you're just editing a piece of SQL, rather than a specific Sql script, you can just type 'ED' and when you save and exit notepad, it will copy the code you were working on straight into SQL*Plus.
Previous Topic: commant to reconnect session in sqlplus
Next Topic: isqlplus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:49:06 CDT 2024