Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Best method to connect to oracle on Sequent ( Dynix)
Best method to connect to oracle on Sequent ( Dynix) [message #367385] Thu, 12 October 2000 05:07 Go to next message
Chris
Hello There,

I want to run OWAS but the database is on a Sequent
machine running dynix ( UNIX ). Can I do it and if
so what is the best method using OWAS.

Many Thanks in advance

Chris Priest
Re: Best method to connect to oracle on Sequent ( Dynix) [message #367386 is a reply to message #367385] Thu, 12 October 2000 05:18 Go to previous message
Dean Logan Wood
OWAS is supported on Dynix/ptx, so you can run both your application server and database on the same platform.

Otherwise, you can install OWAS/OAS on a seperate middle-tier host, running NT or virtually any flavour of Unix (including Linux). You just need to make sure of the compatibility of the version of OWAS/OAS and the version of the RDBMS you are using.

Connection between OWAS and a remote database is enabled through SQL*Net, regardless of the platform on which the database is installed.

Oracle MetaLink provides certification matrices, which will tell you the compatibility of versions of OWAS/OAS and the RDBMS.
Previous Topic: Using ASP scripts with Oracle8i on a Unix Server
Next Topic: Cartridges not getting started
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:15:56 CDT 2024