Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Sql plus doesn't start up
Sql plus doesn't start up [message #367019] Wed, 26 July 2000 04:01 Go to next message
naveed khan
The listener doesn't start at all. The srvmgrl doesn't work and results with an error. So i don't know whether my oracle server is running or not. When i try to run sqlplus, it gives me a error that a message file is missing. What is the problem , i can't understand. Can somebody help me out
Re: Sql plus doesn't start up [message #367020 is a reply to message #367019] Wed, 26 July 2000 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Boulet
It seems that your working environm,ents does not includes a PATH variable that points to the ORACLE_HOME/bin folder

That is where the executables are located, also, check for the variable ORACLE_SID as it contains the instance name you want to access...

Bye

Chris
Re: Sql plus doesn't start up [message #367033 is a reply to message #367019] Thu, 17 August 2000 17:38 Go to previous message
mimi
compare your .profile with another user who hasn't got the same problem as you. You do this by opening two Vi editors an look at the Oracle settings. usually you will only need to change some number . Just look at your collegue's profile and add whatever difference
Previous Topic: Oracle memory usage in Unix
Next Topic: ORA-03120 two-task conversion routine: integer overflow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:37:14 CDT 2024