Home » Infrastructure » Linux » SQLPlus connexion freezes (Oracle 9.2.0 Redhat)
SQLPlus connexion freezes [message #354129] Thu, 16 October 2008 08:57 Go to next message
dannyl
Hi everybody,
here's the problem I encountered : we have a server with 2 databases. Database 2 is a new one but has already been restarted a few times the last two weeks. This morning, I tried a script to save datas. The script launched errors on alter tablespace begin backup but went on...
So, I decided to change my database and allow archive log.
I used a shutdown immediate that was rather fast, then a startup mount...
30 minutes later my putty session was still in the same state, so I killed the process. Since then, I can no longer connect with sqlplus. Sqlplus /nolog is ok but each time I try to connect, my putty session "freezes" and the process takes up to 99%

Has anyone an idea that could help me?
Re: SQLPlus connexion freezes [message #355474 is a reply to message #354129] Fri, 24 October 2008 05:44 Go to previous message
dannyl
After a restart of the server, things went back in order.
Today, I had to dismount the database :
shutdown was OK, but when I tried a "startup mount" :
frozen again!!!!

I wonder if it happens because I didn't logout of sqlplus between the shutdown and startup instructions?
But if it is so, why doesn't the killing of the process enable further sqlplus connection?
Previous Topic: ocfs2 issue on SuSE 10.1
Next Topic: Why would Linux Silent Install stop at >Starting to execute configuration assistants ... ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:26:00 CDT 2024