Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » restorin the oracle services in windows 2008 server (windows 2008R2 server)
restorin the oracle services in windows 2008 server [message #558916] Wed, 27 June 2012 05:49 Go to next message
mrdb

hai all,

I was trying to delete the database in the test server. When i was deleting listner was already stopped, i continued deleting using dbca, it shown me some alert that datafiles cant be deleted because system could't find database, since listner was stopped so only service was deleted(the one showing in the windows administrator tools\services\OracleServiceTEST). All the datafile parameter files are still there. How can i delete the datafiles and parameter files belongs to that database or how to create the deleted service, so that i will start the listener and do the complete deleting of the database.
Re: restorin the oracle services in windows 2008 server [message #558922 is a reply to message #558916] Wed, 27 June 2012 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
How can i delete the datafiles and parameter files belongs to that database

Use DEL.

Quote:
how to create the deleted service

Use ORADIM

Listener has nothing to do with your problem.
Listener is not mandatory, it may exist or not.
OracleServiceTEST is a database servive NOT a listener service which is "Oracle...TNSListener".

Regards
Michel
Re: restorin the oracle services in windows 2008 server [message #558929 is a reply to message #558922] Wed, 27 June 2012 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrdb

so manually I can delete the files which are associted with that database, If there is any command to restore the service which was deleted (OracleServiceTEST) I can use the dbca to delete the database and its files.
now when i open dbca and select the delete option, its not showing the TEST database.
Re: restorin the oracle services in windows 2008 server [message #558934 is a reply to message #558929] Wed, 27 June 2012 10:19 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Use ORADIM command (as I said).

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Objects Invalid due to auto-compilation
Next Topic: restart of the database service causes ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service re
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:43:14 CDT 2024