Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » ora_lob_read failed: ORA-01403: no data found (perl5.14 DBI 1.634 DBD::Oracle 1.74 oracle instantclient 12.1)
ora_lob_read failed: ORA-01403: no data found [message #649509] Tue, 29 March 2016 07:14 Go to previous message
r144
I have a perl script that reads and writes an oracle database. It is installed on a sun solaris platform.
I am in the process of migrating it to a Linux platform (ubuntu precise).

I have installed the oracle instantclient (12.1) on that machine and I can access and write oracle databases with no lobs. But this script does read and write lobs. And it fails with this message:

DBD::Oracle::db ora_lob_read failed: ORA-01403: no data found (DBD INVALID_HANDLE: OCILobRead) at /home/rdozijn/project/textpool/bin/../lib/Blobdownloader.pm line 269.

I have tried to find solutions on internet, but up till now I have not found a solution.

On the solaris machine, the script uses a library directory oracle10 with library files. I had to remove this library, since it contains solaris .so files. I hoped the recently installed DBD::Oracle and DBI module would make it unnecessary, but the result is the above message.

I hope you can advice me what I should do now.

Ruud

[Updated on: Tue, 29 March 2016 07:16]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: synchronizing data from sql server
Next Topic: Oracle Password Reset using CONNECTION_PROPERTY_SET_NEW_PASSWORD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:12:43 CDT 2024