Home » Other » Training & Certification » Any Suggetins.. for OCA exam
Any Suggetins.. for OCA exam [message #238798] Sun, 20 May 2007 01:12 Go to next message
Dipali Vithalani
Hi friends,
I have done almost preparations for the 1zo-042 exam and trying to appear in next week. Smile
I have worked quite hard enough, Still i don't know why, feeling some confusion and exitement as going to appear in such exam for first time..
So i need your support, guidance for this.
Friends who appear in this exam, how's the experience..
What should i care for during exam..
Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks..
Re: Any Suggetins.. for OCA exam [message #238799 is a reply to message #238798] Sun, 20 May 2007 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,

Keep in Mind below point.

1.If it is your first Oracle Certification Exam...
if yes, then should take a look "exam question example" for
1.which type of question ?
2.how is format ?
go through www.selftestsoftware.com FOR DEMO VERSION.

2.Also note Exam Timing.

3.How many Question ?

4.All question format is "objective type".

5.Oracle Student Guide is best books for prepare any Oracle Certification Exam.. you can use any other book for reference.

6.Fill Your details very carefully in exam forms like Your Address , Contact No.

it will help to oracle for send Certification.

ALL THE BEST
Regards
Taj

[Updated on: Sun, 20 May 2007 01:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Any Suggetins.. for OCA exam [message #238833 is a reply to message #238799] Sun, 20 May 2007 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dipali Vithalani
Thanks Taj,

Are the oracle student's guide books the part of oracel documentation books? I mean, are their free soft copy available?

Regards..
Re: Any Suggetins.. for OCA exam [message #238834 is a reply to message #238833] Sun, 20 May 2007 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
Are the oracle student's guide books the part of oracel documentation books? I mean, are their free soft copy available?
1.No, it is not part of oracle documentation.
2.Yes,Soft Copy is available in PDF format but have to pay.
3.You will get SOFT COPY / HARD COPY both from ANY ORACLE OR PRIVATE EDUCATION CENTER.

Regards
Taj
Re: Any Suggetins.. for OCA exam [message #238838 is a reply to message #238798] Sun, 20 May 2007 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saibal
At this stage my advice would be to use selftestsoftware for preparation. If you are using selftestsoftware, then go through all the questions and explanations thoroughly. It has been my experience that the type, concept and pattern of most of the questions that you encounter on the actual exam are well documented in STS software. If you are not using STS, then I guess things become a bit more tight, in many cases, you will have to rely more on your intuition and judgment to get the correct answer. No amount of conceptual study, notes, or retentivity will help you totally master the unique skills required for answering questions on the OCP exam. That can only happen if you practise STS, or as a distinct second choice Transcender software.
Hopefully, I am not scaring you. Some of the questions are extremely easy, about 50% reasonably easy, and usually about 10% of the questions are pretty tough, by any yardstick. So, overall its more of a lengthy exam than a rigorously tough one.
BTW my OCA-OCP was on 9i, not 10g. But, based on the premise that I have taught quite a few people who successfully cleared OCA-10g I guess I can offer my twopence worth of advice without sounding too presumptuous.
Best of luck for your exams!
Re: Any Suggetins.. for OCA exam [message #352293 is a reply to message #238838] Tue, 07 October 2008 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bindia
Hi,

Could you please tell me whether it is necessary to read the OCA 10g DBA guide thoroughly before attempting the exam or are the exam questions purely based on STS dumps format?

Thanks
Re: Any Suggetins.. for OCA exam [message #352325 is a reply to message #352293] Tue, 07 October 2008 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

are the exam questions purely based on STS dumps format?
Yes the Oracle Exam format same like STS dumps format.

Regards,
Taj
Re: Any Suggetins.. for OCA exam [message #353590 is a reply to message #352293] Tue, 14 October 2008 04:52 Go to previous message
Dipali Vithalani
Hi Bindia,

STS will help you understand the how and which kind of questions are asked in exam.
For exam practise it is good.

But, you must first understand all the concepts (not mug up, you have to understnd it), if you are preparing for the exam. And for that , i think you should read that book..

Regards,
Dipali..
Previous Topic: Creating a DB
Next Topic: Oracle 9i Exam
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:03:13 CDT 2024