Home » Other » Training & Certification » OCA Paper 2 - 1Z0-147 Program with PL/SQL
OCA Paper 2 - 1Z0-147 Program with PL/SQL [message #137383] Thu, 15 September 2005 01:01 Go to next message
royrajar
Hi,

I am preparing for the OCA paper - 2 developer track i.e 1Z0-147 Program with PL/SQL. Please suggest me some good book by Oracle Press for this particular OCA exam.
The OCP books by Jason Couchman are really good but they are for the DBA track and not developer track.
For the 1st paper, I had studied from Jason Couchman only, because the 1st paper is common to both developer and DBA tracks.
There's a very good book named 'Oracle 9i: PL/SQL Programming' by Scott Urman. But I am not sure if this book covers the entire syllabus for OCA - Paper 2.In short, I need a book customized specifically for OCA/OCP. The OCP series book by Oracle Press serve this purpose.But I am not able to get the name/author of the book.
If any of you has an idea about the same, then plz pass on the name and author of the book to me.

One more thing, does anyone of you has the e-book (soft copy) of Scott Urman - the book I mentioned above, then please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajarshi
Re: OCA Paper 2 - 1Z0-147 Program with PL/SQL [message #137591 is a reply to message #137383] Thu, 15 September 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bpeasey
Hi Rajarshi,

I'm not familiar with developer certification but I think you should (if you haven't yet) get the exam topics list from Oracle's website and then get the related Oracle Manuals (PDF's). With topic list and pdf manuals you will have the best source of exam preparation material (IMHO Wink. I expect this is how authors of exam prep begin researching before writing their books.

If you need any help finding this stuff let me know and I will assist you.

Best Regards,
Brian Peasey
Winnipeg, MB Canada
http://oracle-exam-study-groups.com
Re: OCA Paper 2 - 1Z0-147 Program with PL/SQL [message #140885 is a reply to message #137591] Thu, 06 October 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kamalbhasin@hotmail.com
Hi
I am also preparing for the same exam. In case u r having any practice software or some exam related matter then do send me the concerned information at kb_official@rediffmail.com or kamalbhasin@hotmail.com

I will be highly thankful to you.

Regards
Kamal

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 00:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: OCA Paper 2 - 1Z0-147 Program with PL/SQL [message #141222 is a reply to message #137383] Fri, 07 October 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nagashree
Hi Rajarshi,

Seeing ur mail I know that u have already cleared 1st paper in the developer track. Can u pls tell me which one u cleared....
1z-007 or 1Z-001 and is Jason Couchman a good book to refer.
Also how was the exam pattern, when did u clear the exam,
How many questions were there, please give me an idea about the exam bcoz I am taking one the next week.
Please help me and if I get to know about 2nd paper and good books for that ,I'll surely let u know about it.
You could send me ur answers to my email id shreekp2000@yahoo.com or post ur reply here itself.

Also, where are u located....India?USA?UK?.... I was just wondering if u cud post me Jason Couchman book and any other material u have.

Thanks,
Nagashree
Re: OCA Paper 2 - 1Z0-147 Program with PL/SQL [message #359295 is a reply to message #137383] Fri, 14 November 2008 10:38 Go to previous message
pranuvi
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am planning to apply for OCA entry level exam. But I am not sure how to go ahead for this,
COuld you please provide me syllabus.so that I will see

Thanks,
Pradnya,
Previous Topic: Please help with English
Next Topic: Explicit cursor v Implicit cursor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:50:51 CDT 2024