Home » Other » Training & Certification » Requirement - Offering Oracle Financial Training (Oracle Financial)
Requirement - Offering Oracle Financial Training [message #382537] Thu, 22 January 2009 19:40 Go to next message
klok
I work for a small college in the UK offering Business & Accounting courses. We are contemplating running courses on Oracle Financial but are not aware of Oracle's requirements/conditions for doing so and wonder if anyone can direct me to where I can find the required information.

Better still, I will be grateful if anyone who had already gone through the process of setting up same can send me details of the procedure at the following address:

kennylawson9@yahoo.com

Many thanks

Kenny
Re: Requirement - Offering Oracle Financial Training [message #382601 is a reply to message #382537] Fri, 23 January 2009 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
Oracle only allow a specific number of groups to deliver official training courses per region. Without the appropriate connections, you'd be hard pushed to gain the Oracle Partnership required (but you never know). Each person delivering any (official) Oracle course is required to first of all perform a 'backfill' for each course to be delivered, i.e. teach the course to a group of students whilst a qualified Oracle trainer assesses you throughout the duration of the course. seems like an awful lot of efort, but it means that official Oracle courses should always maintain a very high standard of delivery. You could alway go down the 'grey' route. i.e. source / create your own manuals and deliver a non-standard, non-official course.
Re: Requirement - Offering Oracle Financial Training [message #382738 is a reply to message #382601] Fri, 23 January 2009 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
klok
Many thanks Pablolee for your incisive reply.

It's the 'grey' route I am after as competing the big guys is a definite pain as a starter.

My worry is access to software & licences without infringing upon Oracle's copyright given that my college will not be an official partner (for Oracle Financial).

Can we just approach any Apps hosting organisation? Can we approach Oracle to provide software access/license even if we are not official Oracle training centre?

Will be most grateful if you can render further insight on the above.

Kenny
Re: Requirement - Offering Oracle Financial Training [message #382908 is a reply to message #382738] Mon, 26 January 2009 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
Hi Kenny,
I'm afraid I'm not really 'up' on how Oracle would license the product(s) to you for your requirements. You would be best contacting Oracle directly to find this out. Alternatively, if you can find a source for grey manuals, maybe that source might be better equipped to guide you on that matter.
Re: Requirement - Offering Oracle Financial Training [message #382957 is a reply to message #382908] Mon, 26 January 2009 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
klok
Hi Pablolee,

I am very much grateful indeed for your input & I shall march on hither with your very good advice.

Kind regards

Kenny
Re: Requirement - Offering Oracle Financial Training [message #383151 is a reply to message #382957] Tue, 27 January 2009 07:27 Go to previous message
pablolee
Good luck to you Kenny.
Previous Topic: It certification
Next Topic: 1z0-007 or 1z0-147
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:11:15 CDT 2024