Home » Other » Training & Certification » OracleSQL - Exam Revision help
OracleSQL - Exam Revision help [message #319173] Fri, 09 May 2008 04:50 Go to next message
Jazzy20
Hi guys. Been looking over this forum the past couple of days, specifically in this section.

Ive just got afew questions to ask to help me prep for my exam next Friday.

---------------------------------------------------------------

8. Describe briefly what each of the following terms means with regard to integrity constraints. Explain in each case when the integrity constraint is checked.

a. NOT DEFERRABLE

b. DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED

c. DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE

--------------------------------------------------------------

This specific question will be on the exam, people who took this before said it appears all the time, ive searched google and comes up with nothing relevent.

Ive got more to ask but im looking though my lecture notes to find the answers. Is it possible to ask afew more if i get stuck? i don't feel confidant about the exam yet, but i want that to change and do the best as i can.

Thanks Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 09 May 2008 04:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: OracleSQL - Exam Revision help [message #319180 is a reply to message #319173] Fri, 09 May 2008 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
The Documentation is a wonderful thing.

Deferrable Constraint are explained here.

If you've got any points you want clearing up, just ask.
Re: OracleSQL - Exam Revision help [message #319200 is a reply to message #319173] Fri, 09 May 2008 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy20
Thank you, got the info i needed. And i didnt expect an answer straight away like that Smile. Ive got another question to give to you's if thats ok

------------------------------------

8. Given the table STUDENT detailed below :

STUDENT_NO VARCHAR2(6) PRIMARY KEY
SURNAME VARCHAR2(32) NOT NULL
FORENAME VARCHAR2(32) NOT NULL
PHONE_NO VARCHAR2(12) NOT NULL
COURSE_ID VARCHAR2(6) NOT NULL

Write an SQL query statement using restriction that retrieves all the attributes for all students, except the one whose student number is ‘P4420’, whose Forename is either ‘Richard’ or ‘Judy’, and either their Surname ends in ‘ing’ or they are on one of the courses identified by ‘C4567’,’D4567’ and ‘X4520’

----------------------

Ive done 7. which was get the details of the surname beginning with n so which is 'n%' but this bit my biscuit. Is it possible for someone to narrow the question and the answer down? Thanks again Smile
Re: OracleSQL - Exam Revision help [message #319214 is a reply to message #319200] Fri, 09 May 2008 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You miss the purpose of this forum.
We help people, we don't do their job.

Post what you already tried and why it does not fir the requirements.

Regards
Michel
Re: OracleSQL - Exam Revision help [message #319215 is a reply to message #319200] Fri, 09 May 2008 06:21 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
This looks like it's testing your ability to write nested OR statements.

The question as prsented seems quite ambiguous.
I think the best interpretation of it is probably this, but I'm quite possibly wrong. It's quite possible that the Forename, Surname and Courses are meant to be one clause.

except (students whose student number is ‘P4420’)
or (whose Forename is either ‘Richard’ or ‘Judy’),
or (( either their Surname ends in ‘ing’) or (they are on one of the courses identified by ‘C4567’,’D4567’ and ‘X4520’))
Previous Topic: OCA and OCP
Next Topic: PL/SQL help, I need to write tigger, function, procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:42:09 CDT 2024