Home » Other » Training & Certification » please HELP ME TO GIVE THE ANSWER OF THE INTERVIEW ASKED QUESTIONS
please HELP ME TO GIVE THE ANSWER OF THE INTERVIEW ASKED QUESTIONS [message #300734] Sun, 17 February 2008 23:46 Go to next message
dwaipayan
Dear All ,

I need your help

I m trying for the job. And facing interview with MNC. But prob is that I have been asked some important question in the interview but I could not give the answer properly, and they are not satisfied with my ans thats why again again I faield in the technical round.

please help me to give the following question ans.
1. If my temporary tablespace size becomes full what will be my next step?

2. How I reduce the raw migration problem?

3. Yesterday a simple query was running well, but today its becomes very slow then what is your next step to fix the prob.

4. If some one forget to close his SQL* Plus window and went for the luch after come back he could not connect to the database, what is your next step to moniter? at first where u look at.?

5. What is the step to perform recovery from archived log file.

6. How we reduce the CPU high prob in Oracle.?

7. what is the basic point of oracle Database health checkup

8 if my Database Size = 80GB and and oracle server RAM=4GB then what should be the max size of SGA?

please help me to give the answer .plz as soon as pobbile.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Dwaipayan Das
Re: please HELP ME TO GIVE THE ANSWER OF THE INTERVIEW ASKED QUESTIONS [message #300760 is a reply to message #300734] Mon, 18 February 2008 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
What are the answers you gave?
What are the searches you made?

Regards
Michel
Re: please HELP ME TO GIVE THE ANSWER OF THE INTERVIEW ASKED QUESTIONS [message #300771 is a reply to message #300734] Mon, 18 February 2008 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trantuananh24hg
dwaipayan wrote on Mon, 18 February 2008 12:46
=1. If my temporary tablespace size becomes full what will be my next step?

2. How I reduce the raw migration problem?

Concept and Administration of Database.

Quote:

3. Yesterday a simple query was running well, but today its becomes very slow then what is your next step to fix the prob.

Ask your interviewer: "Why did you know this SQL running slowly, what's your tool/experiency/anything to show that?"

Many thing impacts to it, may be some transactions concurrently take this query, may be datafiles which the tables was on is full, may be the Net infrastructure encounters some problem, may be it - the SQL was not given to the execution rather than parse, may be the index of the table need to coalesce, may be the session which queries is the time that the other updates/insert into the same table, may be..

Supposing your interviewer gives you a brief of trace file which containts some useful information to read and rewrite this statement, but you must understand it. You must read many documents, train by many times. Are you aggree with me?

Quote:

4. If some one forget to close his SQL* Plus window and went for the luch after come back he could not connect to the database, what is your next step to moniter? at first where u look at.?

Why? Some Prod DB goes along to job_submit with finding the no-need session and kill them or take it by time out procedures, however, the situation is very rare action (it depends to kind of DBs). I've not ever seen any SQL*plus would be not connect to the DB by time out.

In your situation, it's simply by reconnect the the session by remote in his machine, take action reconnect.

Quote:

5. What is the step to perform recovery from archived log file.

Backup and Recovery chapter

Quote:

6. How we reduce the CPU high prob in Oracle.?

Identify what impacts by CPU process by running ADDM, AWR, ASH...

Quote:

7. what is the basic point of oracle Database health checkup

Performance and Tuning Chapter

Quote:

8 if my Database Size = 80GB and and oracle server RAM=4GB then what should be the max size of SGA?

What's your version of OracleDB?
What's your kind of OS?
What's your kind of machine?

[Updated on: Mon, 18 February 2008 01:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: please HELP ME TO GIVE THE ANSWER OF THE INTERVIEW ASKED QUESTIONS [message #300808 is a reply to message #300760] Mon, 18 February 2008 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dwaipayan
thanks for replying me.

yeh i m agree with u of the Q.3.

for the Q.8 ,i m using the oracle 9i(9.0.2.0)
Re: please HELP ME TO GIVE THE ANSWER OF THE INTERVIEW ASKED QUESTIONS [message #300809 is a reply to message #300808] Mon, 18 February 2008 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dwaipayan
For the Q.8.

What's your version of OracleDB? oracle 9i (9.0.2.0)
What's your kind of OS? Win NT 2003
What's your kind of machine? win NT

Re: please HELP ME TO GIVE THE ANSWER OF THE INTERVIEW ASKED QUESTIONS [message #300824 is a reply to message #300809] Mon, 18 February 2008 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
You miss the point.
trantuananh24hg was not interested in your stuff, he meant to indicate that these thing depend on a lot more than just memory size and database size.

If you want to succeed in interviews, study Oracle, Not interview-questions.
Re: please HELP ME TO GIVE THE ANSWER OF THE INTERVIEW ASKED QUESTIONS [message #300846 is a reply to message #300824] Mon, 18 February 2008 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
If you want to succeed in interviews, study Oracle, Not interview-questions.

One of the best answer I saw for all these interview topics.
Permission to use it?

Regards
Michel
Re: please HELP ME TO GIVE THE ANSWER OF THE INTERVIEW ASKED QUESTIONS [message #300853 is a reply to message #300846] Mon, 18 February 2008 04:59 Go to previous message
Frank
/forum/fa/2877/0/ Sure you can!
Previous Topic: extents in tablespace
Next Topic: Oracle 10g New Features for Administrators Release 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:35:40 CDT 2024