Home » Other » Training & Certification » pl/sql for portfolio profit and loss
icon7.gif  pl/sql for portfolio profit and loss [message #270760] Thu, 27 September 2007 23:52 Go to next message
vaidyaji
I am looking for a pl/sql oracle 9i or 10G for the creating a table and populating that table with the following
1. For each and every sell action, on every stock,
break the buy/ipo/bonus(purchase) quantity or sum the purchase quantities appropriately
and insert into a new table (so as to list,)
2. list the stock wise fields like
buydt(tdate), stock, action, tqty, (tqty*price) + broker_tax as cp,
selldt(tdate), action, tqty, (tqty*price) - broker_tax as sp, sp-cp, buydt - selldt as daysheld
order by yearwise, stock
3. list stocks not sold or balance qty, avg price

attached pl find the sample data
Re: pl/sql for portfolio profit and loss [message #270769 is a reply to message #270760] Fri, 28 September 2007 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I am looking for a pl/sql oracle 9i or 10G for the creating a table and populating that table with the following
Why are you looking & NOT writing what you require?
Re: pl/sql for portfolio profit and loss [message #270785 is a reply to message #270760] Fri, 28 September 2007 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
We don't do your homework.
Post what you already tried.

Don't forget to read and follow OraFAQ Forum Guide, especially "How to format your post?" section.
Make sure that lines of code do not exceed 80 characters when you format. Use the "Preview Message" button.
Please always post your Oracle version (4 decimals).

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 28 September 2007 02:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: pl/sql for portfolio profit and loss [message #271339 is a reply to message #270785] Mon, 01 October 2007 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vaidyaji
hi experts,

i didn't know that this site is

FOR ORACLE EXPERTS AND BY ORACLE EXPERTS AND OF ORACLE EXPERTS.

i am done writing codes way long back, i always find answers on the net, and for that matter from anything to anything.

i will look elsewhere, and i do not believe in reinventing the wheel, at least not after the internet boom.

Re: pl/sql for portfolio profit and loss [message #271343 is a reply to message #271339] Mon, 01 October 2007 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Yep, pack your bags and go (to experts echange perhaps? Wink). Don't bother to read the forum guides and don't bother to write a single line of code. Let others do it for you. Or hire an external consultant. Confused

Seriously, we're not here to generate your code. We are willing to help you out though. But this process requires at least some effort from your side... . Why don't you show what you tried instead of running off?

MHE

[Updated on: Mon, 01 October 2007 08:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: pl/sql for portfolio profit and loss [message #271348 is a reply to message #271339] Mon, 01 October 2007 06:59 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
i always find answers on the net,

Good! Search on Internet if you get the code you want.
Here, we don't code for you but we are glad to help to code it.

Quote:
i do not believe in reinventing the wheel

It is reinvented the wheel, it is just doing homework in this case. You just want solution to them, don't you?

By the way, you always find the answer (or someone doing the job for you) but did you provide any?

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: QUERY
Next Topic: ocp(developer)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:55:41 CDT 2024