Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
29 Search Results Found
1 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Tue, 21 August 2018 08:16 «» By: Solomon Yakobson
Re: consistency constraint ON store Procedure
So you want inserted leg departure to reference previous leg destination, right? Issue is first leg where there is no previous destination. We can use virtual columns to bypass it: CREATE TABLE TRIPLEG( T# NUMBER(...
2 Forum: Replication «» Posted on: Mon, 18 December 2017 11:59 «» By: praks_007
Replicate process is abended and getting integrity constraint error - ORA-02291
My Replicate process is abended and getting integrity constraint error - ORA-02291 , though checked the parent table too and those are OK , constraints are also OK but still replicate is not working.Only some rows of table got replicated. please help
3 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Sun, 19 March 2017 07:53 «» By: Solomon Yakobson
Re: need help in SQL Check constraint on column referencing other tables
You can use Barbara's solutions or (if you are on older version) you can denormalize and use constraints: SQL> CREATE TABLE player 2 ( 3 playerid NUMBER, 4 name VARCHAR2(7), 5 age NUMBER, ...
4 Forum: Data Integration «» Posted on: Sat, 18 June 2016 09:46 «» By: charlie2016
Re: Load Data into fact table
The time table below shows the following data: "TIME_ID" "WEEK" "MONTH" "QUARTER" "YEAR" 04-MAR-91 1 "MAR" 3 1993 06-JUL-12 2 "SEP" 4 1995 17-JUN-16 3 "SEP" 4 1995 15-OC...
5 Forum: Data Integration «» Posted on: Fri, 17 June 2016 11:04 «» By: charlie2016
Load Data into fact table
Hi, Am trying to load data into the sales fact table however i get the error below after running the query insert into sales (market_Id,product_Id,time_Id,sales_Amt) values (1,1002,(SELECT time_Id from time where year = 1997),2500); SQL Error:...
6 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Sun, 04 October 2015 00:25 «» By: Kevin Meade
Re: What is the Difference b/w Up datable Views and Non-Up datable Views their uses
Originally, an updateable view was defined as a view which "preserves the primary key of the base table of the view" and thus makes it possible for the view to know which row is to be updated and can locate that row in the database at update time...
7 Forum: Replication «» Posted on: Sun, 15 March 2015 01:48 «» By: Littlefoot
Re: ORA-02291: integrity constrain voilated
How is this message related to the question posted by the original poster? Is your message actually a question? Doesn't look like one (as there's no question mark anywhere in this message). So, what is the purpose of posting it? If you really have a ...
8 Forum: Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL «» Posted on: Wed, 26 November 2014 02:06 «» By: Malakay79
Import apex application from a database to another
I need to migrate a workspace from a database to another one. I use APEX 3.2.1 Oracle 11.2.0.4 on Linux Red Hat 6 I have recreated the workspace with this command in my destination database: begin APEX_INSTANCE_ADMIN.ADD_WORKSPACE(NULL,'WORKSPA...
9 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Sun, 12 October 2014 06:00 «» By: Silently_Quiet_Logic
ORA-02291: how to assign value to varchar2 variable depending on specific input?
Hi all, fresh to the forums, I'm using SQL Developer and am aware that error ORA-02291 has been discussed many times, my situation is as follows: (All variables used are varchar2(100), tables A and B were created and empty at first) I have a unique n...
10 Forum: Replication «» Posted on: Tue, 05 August 2014 03:58 «» By: zeeshan047
ORA-02291: integrity constrain voilated
hi, i am facing below error in golden gate replication i have drop the table from replicated database and refresh the table but same error again. In target db all the constraints are enabled cant understand why constraint is violated in replicated da...
11 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Tue, 18 March 2014 05:39 «» By: mist598
How to update the foreign key table
Hi all, I want to update the foreign key table , But i am getting "ORA-02291: integrity constraint (APPS.FK_SUPPLIER_COMP) violated - parent key not found" Is this value mandatory in the primary table(parent table)? CREATE TA...
12 Forum: Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL «» Posted on: Mon, 02 September 2013 07:12 «» By: John Watson
APEX workspace import
I should begin by saying that I do not know a lot about APEX, and have never tried to do this before. In preparation, I've installed the correct release of APEX and configured an embedded listener and I can connect no problem. I need to import an APEX app...
13 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Thu, 08 August 2013 22:16 «» By: Kevin Meade
Re: Maintaining Data Integrity when a single table is split into two
Such a splitting of data should not be done without a great deal of testing to ensure the expected benefits will accrue. Your transactions must align very well to your table splitting in order for you to avoid accessing both in the same transaction otherw...
14 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Fri, 07 June 2013 14:12 «» By: Littlefoot
Re: How to create these two tables ?
As these two tables reference each other, you can't do that straightforward, in 2 CREATE TABLE statements. You'll have to - create table A, define its primary key, but omit its foreign key (because table B doesn't exist yet) - create table B, define both...
15 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Wed, 06 March 2013 07:22 «» By: ashishpatel1992
Error with initially deferred deferrable constraint
I am unable to add the rows even after using initially deferred deferrable constraint. My Queries are as follows:- SQL> create table chicken (cid int primary key,eid int); Table created. SQL> create table egg (eid int primary key,cid int); ...
16 Forum: Backup & Recovery «» Posted on: Thu, 21 February 2013 20:15 «» By: samiraly
RMAN issus with catalog database
Hello Experts , i have the below issue starting full resync of recovery catalog RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS =============== RMAN-00571: ===========...
17 Forum: Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL «» Posted on: Wed, 20 February 2013 10:49 «» By: inka
Populate three tables
I have an intersection table that has database_id and application_id. I need to add a record into this intersection table once I add a record into the application table and database table. declare l_database_id number := :P21_DATABASE_ID; ...
18 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Fri, 08 February 2013 11:59 «» By: Solomon Yakobson
Re: assertions
Michel, I am not negating need for assertions. There are many cases where it can't be or can't be easily achieved with standard Oracle features. And in many cases it obviously simplifies implementation. Now that second example can be also implemented us...
19 Forum: Forms «» Posted on: Mon, 14 January 2013 04:14 «» By: goldray
FRM-40508 : ORACLE error: unable to INSERT record.
Hi, I have an interface composed of five elements: 1.display_item (primary key) 2-list_item (foreign key) / / dynamic list :this is the cause of the error 3-lis_item (foreign key) / / dynamic list 4-text_item 5-button (insert commit) when I click ...
20 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Tue, 10 July 2012 13:20 «» By: Solomon Yakobson
Re: How to Delete Parent table record
The only thing you can do is: a) Disable FK b) Delete parent rows 3) Reenable FK with NOVALIDATE For example: SQL> create table parent as select level n from dual connect by level <= 5 2 / Table created. SQL> alter table...
21 Forum: Server Utilities «» Posted on: Fri, 06 July 2012 10:29 «» By: BlackSwan
Re: Error During IMPDP
>ORA-02291: integrity constraint (STATICO.FK_PROD_REQ_LIS_TAG_GEN_2) violated - parent key not found don't import orphan records. Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you: http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
22 Forum: Server Utilities «» Posted on: Fri, 06 July 2012 10:13 «» By: chandu208
Error During IMPDP
while i'm importing schemas i came accross ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEFETCH callout ORA-02291: integrity constraint (STATICO.FK_PROD_REQ_LIS_TAG_GEN_2) violated - parent key not found ORA-31693: Table data object "STATICO".&qu...
23 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Fri, 11 May 2012 12:49 «» By: Barbara Boehmer
Re: Unable to Drop an interim table after Redefinition Process (merged 3)
Yes, you should drop the interim table using CASCADE CONSTRAINTS. Please see the demonstration below. SCOTT@orcl_11gR2> -- starting tables, data, and constraints: SCOTT@orcl_11gR2> CREATE TABLE transaction_table 2 (transaction_column...
24 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Sun, 08 April 2012 20:37 «» By: BlackSwan
Re: Need help using Create View and Joining multiple tables in Oracle (2 threads merged by bb)
How do you get data into the EVIL Circle of PK/FK? 18:35:01 SQL> @homework 18:35:13 SQL> CREATE TABLE DIVISION 18:35:13 2 (div_code NUMBER(5), 18:35:13 3 emp_num NUMBER(5), 18:35:13 4 div_name VARCHAR(25), 18:35:13 5 CONSTRAINT ...
25 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Tue, 06 March 2012 07:19 «» By: muralikri
Re: ORA-02298 cannot validate - Parent keys not found
Master table... ALTER TABLE emp1 ADD CONSTRAINT fk_orders1 FOREIGN KEY (deptno) REFERENCES dept(deptno); select deptno from dept DEPTNO ---------- 10 20 30 40 Insert into EMP1 (EMPNO, ENAME, JOB, MGR, SAL, DE...
26 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Thu, 05 January 2012 09:44 «» By: John Watson
Re: ORA-02291 Parent/Child Relationship Error
Are you sure there isn't something else going on? The error quoted is "ORA-02291: integrity constraint (LERON.FK_ORDERLINE_CUSTORDER) violated - parent key not found" but the DDL does not include a constraint of that name. Is tat DDL actually cor...
27 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Wed, 04 January 2012 16:21 «» By: Littlefoot
This is what you are doing. Let's create two table with referential constraint in between (a child record can not exist if there's no its parent record). SQL> create table parent 2 (p_id number primary key, 3 p_name varchar2(20) ...
28 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Wed, 04 January 2012 15:37 «» By: BlackSwan
ORA-02291 is a data dependent error. In other words the process can succeed for some records, while different detail records will throw the error due to lack of parent record.
29 Forum: SQL & PL/SQL «» Posted on: Wed, 04 January 2012 13:39 «» By: lerono
ORA-02291 Parent/Child Relationship Error
I have a new question for the day. I keep getting this error: "ORA-02291: integrity constraint (LERON.FK_ORDERLINE_CUSTORDER) violated - parent key not found" I have checked both tables and the pk/fk are correct. What am I doing wrong here? ...

Current Time: Mon Jun 24 04:08:50 CDT 2019