Oracle Clinical or OC is a suite of applications used to support the clinical development process. It stores patient data collected during clinical (drug) trials and offers modelling features to tack the trial and monitor adverse events.
Oracle Clinical includes products like Oracle Clinical, Oracle Thesaurus Management System, Oracle Adverse Event Reporting System, Oracle Life Sciences Data Hub, etc. These applications can be deployed individually or together depending on customer requirements.
The major functions supported by Oracle Clinical are:
- Clinical Study Protocol Definition and Management;
- Definition of metadata collected during a Clinical Study;
- Creation of Global Library;
- Creation of Data Entry System;
- Creation of Data Management System to clean and reconcile Data;
- Validation Procedures;
- Data Loading and Extracting;
- Thesaurus Management System for Coding Medical Terms;
- Laboratory Reference Range Management System.